widescreen or normal??

widescreen all the way. the only bad things about it are that some games dont support widescreen, and if you watch a 4:3 aspect ratio movie fullscreen on a widescreen monitor, there will be black abrs ont he sides... but i can let those things slide when it comes to widescreen.

Widescreen. Once you go with widescreen, you can't turn back. :p

Most games now support the 16:10 aspect ratio, but for some older games, it might stretch a little. Some have hacks to allow 1680x1050, like for BF2.

However, a monitor using 1600 x 1200 looks pretty good. It's not widescreen, but it seems wide. And, this is a much more supported resolution when it comes to games, usually. ;) I love my Samsung.

alvino said:
Most games now support the 16:10 aspect ratio........QUOTE]

I like the widescreens, though I have a regular screen right now. As a side note, I think the widescreen ratio is actually 16:9.

Jamxx said:
However, a monitor using 1600 x 1200 looks pretty good. It's not widescreen, but it seems wide. And, this is a much more supported resolution when it comes to games, usually. ;) I love my Samsung.

i was going to buy the samsung 204b, thank god best buy did not have it in stock, it turned out to be a blessing in disguise as I ended up with the viewsonic vp2030b, this is at 1600x1200, it DOES seem wide. but the only reason i didnt go wide screen is because I use a tablet with my computer and it wouldnt scale properly to the widescreen.

as long as you dont plan to have dual monitors, or already own a non-widescreen tablet, go for a widescreen monitor, they're the best for movies.

Zaki said:
i was going to buy the samsung 204b, thank god best buy did not have it in stock, it turned out to be a blessing in disguise as I ended up with the viewsonic vp2030b, this is at 1600x1200, it DOES seem wide. but the only reason i didnt go wide screen is because I use a tablet with my computer and it wouldnt scale properly to the widescreen.

as long as you dont plan to have dual monitors, or already own a non-widescreen tablet, go for a widescreen monitor, they're the best for movies.

Why are you so happy they didn't have it instock? Oh, right, you got a ViewSonic... those are nice monitors, but I didn't have enough money to get a nice one with the same specifications or even close to them.

Back
Top Bottom