Widescreen monitor issues

LeviM01

Solid State Member
I bought a 19" widescreen monitor to use with my laptop at my desk (my laptop is widescreen...). The problem is, my monitor has no widescreen resolutions available...

I went to the westinghouse website and it said that the monitor has no drivers because it is completely plug and play. This makes absolutely no sense to me, any help is appreciated. :confused: :confused: :confused:

edit:

I just found out part of the problem. I am running my monitor through a switch box so I can use the monitor for both my laptop and my xbox 360. If I use the monitor directly with the laptop it works fine and has all of the right resolutions, when I run it through the switchbox it gives me a lot of random resolutions. Is there a way that I can fix that?

edit again:

I just talked to startech (who make the switch) and they say that the switch is not compatible with widescreen monitors because "it is a very basic switch." I wish that I had known that before I payed 17 dollars for it... anyways, does anyone know what I need to switch with widescreen support?

Back
Top Bottom