why would the power button fail

Rubber314Chicken

Golden Master
last night, my computer suddenly turned off (while I was sleeping.) I tried to turn it on today, but It would, so I thought it was the ps. when I tested the ps, it worked, so I switched the power and reset switch connections on the motherboard. Now my reset button is my power button. Why would the power button fail, and why would that turn the computer off?

It's wired in so a wire might have come loose, burnt out, or severed inside the case somewhere. Connectors on the mobo that control the power button might also have come loose, or shorted...

Just test the wires with a multi meter, probably a dodgy wire or bad solder etc, especially if your reset button is working.

Oh lol. Then that's a little soon. My friend has an old PIII 500Mhz pc and it's turned on everyday lol.

It could be a possibility that a button may fail. the connection could of cut out. I've actually had a reset button explode in my hands because I shot some paint remover on it.

It coulda been built on a Friday at 4:59, and they were in a rush and didn't do a good job on the case lol..

yeah, the case is a pos. I only paid $15 for it, so its worth it. I just hope the reset button lives. (runs through house knocking on all forms of wood.)

Back
Top Bottom