Why wont it work!?!?

b182tm

In Runtime
Hey everybod,
I got Wireless internet recently, and it works on my Dad's computer, the basement computer, but not my computer. It is hardwired to my dad's computer, and it is wireless to the computer in the basement. I had the same wireless antenna that I had in my basement comp. on my comp. upstairs. It works on the basement computer, but not on my comp. TO be more specific, it got a signal and everything on my comp., and I could ping my radio and websites, but when I tried to go to a page, it just said it was unavailable. Does anyone know what the problem could be? I had 2 guys who are wi-fi guru's over, and they couldnt figure it out. One of them had given me a stripped down version of Windows XP...Could that be the problem?

I hope you can understand all this,
Thanks a lot,
Derek

Well windows xp is very picky with wireless internet. So a crap copy could mess it up. I set up a wireless network at my girlfriends, and it is hard to get to work. It also cuts in and out randomely.

I know with my particular ISP, I have to have certain settings to access the internet. Check with your ISP to see if this is the case.

Thanks for the responses guys. I know it isn't the router, because I can ping it, and the access point. It's just a matter of the info. not coming up in the browser. Currently I'm working on finding a cheap, full copy of XP Pro.

THanks for the help,
Derek

Back
Top Bottom