Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-15-2008, 04:01 PM   #11
Baseband Member
Smile Re: Why are ram prices dropping?

The reason prices on ddr2 dropped so much is due to the fact all manufactures way overloaded there inventorys,expecting microsoft vista to be a big hit,and it needs minimum of 2gig of ram,preferably 4gig. since all the new computers coming out are not using vista and xp is still system of choice,the ram makers got caught with double or triple the inventory they expected to sell,leaving lots of extra capacity.So the only way they sell more is to lower the price,it also cost less to make the more they make!But vista is the real reason we have such good buys available in DDR@ now!!JMHO but the truth Thanks>Marvin

mrjetskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:31 PM   #12
Fully Optimized
Default Re: Why are ram prices dropping?

Originally Posted by worshipme View Post
@ A True Folder: How much of a performance difference are you noticing with DDR3?
Real world, not much really, it is noticable that progs/apps respond faster but that's about it, games "appear" to be smoother but to be honest I doubt anyone but an enthusiast would notice.

Now, oc'd to 1333MHz the benchmarks give good figures, I posted a screenie of the ram at that speed with the cpu at 3.0GHz (iirc) over in my "How good is this" thread, I believe the latency was down to the low 50's (?) 54 maybe??

E8600@ 4.25GHz, 1.325V | Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme + Scythe Slipstream 120 | Asus Rampage Extreme| 4GB Corsair 2000MHz 8-8-8-24 @ 1600 6-7-6-24| ASUS 9800GTX| Pioneer 18X SATA DVD-RW | 320GB + 500GB WD SATAII | Antec True Power Trio 650W | Thermaltake Sonata | Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 Ultimate
A True Folder is offline   Reply With Quote