why the PS3 is a better deal.

i dont like wiis. more of a console for playing when you are drunk with your mates, thats all its good for
true lol :p
the ps3 would be my music source, an internet browser, a video player, and a games machine. all id use the wii for is the odd game of bowling. id get soo bored of it.

now, the Nintendo Wii is geared toward a different crowd, and has a different goal. The Wii's innovative controller just makes it unique. You could think of it as just a recreational device.

It actually is more like a PS2 than a PS3, but see, thats not the point. It's more of a toy then a serious console or media device (like the PS3).

As a recreational device, the Wii does its job, and does it well. I wouldn't recommend it for serious gamers tho, as the controls are awkward for a lot of games.

okay firstly i wanna state my gaming background. Nintendo 64, dreamcast, playstation 2, playstation 3. so i may be biased in my decision.

Although the xbox 360 is a great console and it's menu is nice and tidy and online from what i've heard is amazing (although costs). You've gotta remember that its made by microsoft who rob you of whatever they can get. They charge for everything so when we can upgrade at anytime with firmware on our ps3 it's more likely to cost you an arm or a leg or a cup of sperm.

Xbox live is nice but not as amazing as a whole virtual hang out is going to be when home comes out later this year i think* and also its physics based (can't remember the name of it*) thing allowing you to create all sorts of wonderful things. which is something the xbox360 will never be able to use as the ps3 has 8 sub-processors and the xbox as far as i'm aware doesn't.

As for the rumble feature as mentioned above, sony resolved their conflict with the company who make the *rumble* in their controllers and they will also be soon to come out at what i'm sure will be a much more reasonable price than you would get with microsoft.

Another feature although this has gotten alot of stick as being a copy of the wii is its SixAxis controllers which is definitly something, although currently not brilliant.

I mean you've only got to read the article at the top of this thread to realise that microsoft are quietly conning xbox gamers.

Okay my lil bit done. HOME IS GONNA RULE!!! check it out! and watch this space - - > www .homebetatrial .com it's made my mind up defo

oh and as for games selection and game quality... check out the trailer for MGS4 (you might have to dl it to your ps3 thou) thats where i watched it! it looks awesome.
i'd agree the only reason i'd buy an xbox would be for its games (well just halo 3) but they'll be just as reputable titles on ps3. i.e my fav socom 4, MGS4, so hense i luv my ps3

That is true. The 360 is good for certain games, most noteably halo, but xbox fanboys forget that theres also great exclusive games for PS3. Like me, i'm a huge Halo fan, so i have a 360, and i will get a PS3 for games like MGS4 and such.

Home seems very interesting and innovative, as a little 3-D world. Reminds me of Sims 2 and Second Life, except it actually has a purpose. I like this idea, as it adds a little flavor and specialty to Home, whereas Xbox's tab system is rather plain. I'm not saying its better, i'm just saying it seems more interesting, innovative, and next generation.

To me, the whole 8.5GB vs 50GB argument plays a huge part in this. Anyone who really understands technology would know that as it advances, more and more space and more demanding hardware is required. Personally I think thats the #1 drawback of the 360, in that the processing hardware is very advanced, but its medium holds games back from their full potential. Nevertheless I look forward to Halo 3 and other great 360 games available soon.

i got my pc, and im happy, i could care less what console is better :p only console i would ever spend money on would be the 360 and thats for Halo 3

See, the main difference is that, witha console, you'll buy it once, and thats it (well, xbox live has a fee, but u know wut i mean).

PC's require the user to keep upgrading their hardware over time, and hardware upgrades have become more expensive then before, as technology advances faster and faster every year. The time in between upgrades are exponentiallly shorter with PC's, making it more expensive to maintain an optimal gaming PC. This is what turned me off from PC Gaming, and this is why there are a lack of PC titles (other than FPS's) to choose from.

PC Gaming has a massive advantage in that every game is manipulatable in many many ways, in modding, savegames, and of course, the controls. I personally belive that Kbd+Mouse OWNS any controller for FPS games, as accuracy and movement is so easy to achieve.

But yeah, for me personally, the I cannot afford to buy a new video card and double my ram every month, (and believe me, thats whats required these days).

with consoles i dont have to worry about that, and i dont need to mess around with the graphical settings to see its full potential vs. whats optimal with my system. I just plug and play :cool:

It's good that you can afford PC gaming though. Games like Bioshock and Crysis look far more in depth than a lot of games i've seen for consoles, and i look forward to trying them out.

great post ^ +1 rep
you covered a lot. i agree with everything
i only play the odd pc games, usually older ones. i just cant afford all the upgrades

Yeah i agree except that you dont have to upgrade that often , maybe every 10-12 months you need to re look at your setup , but it depends how much you spend too , if you spend like 2K it lasts a lot longer than if you spend 1K obviously

And the best thing with consoles is pop the disk in and away you go none of this driver BS or upgrade to meet the game specs

but for 1 or 2 k i could buy a ps3, a really nice tv, and a nice speaker setup.
and you'd save so much money with a console by not having to upgrade :)

I've definetly got to say that a console for me is the best option for gaming.
I have a 360, and tend to play on the Wii alot too since my mate has one, and tends to bring it over a lot. I think its more fun in some ways than the 360...
I just don't think in my opinion, that games on PC give you as much satisfaction as games for consoles.

i love gaming in general...........pc games have there place seeing as most ppl are at there computer alot of the times,plus you can never really beat the mouse in fps which has already been covered.....................i have 2 x box 360's and a wii and i dont ever play the wii.....im thinking of gettin metriod prime 3,on the other hand my 360 gets extensive use..........i havent felt the need to buy a ps3 my friend has one but not that many games out to warrent a buy........................as far as upgrading goes on the pc the more you spend today the more it will be future proof for tommarow..........i hate all the fanboyisum just buy what you like and play it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!if you can't afford every console dont hate,get a job and start saving......every gaming platform has a place its entertainment its here to keep you amused not fighting like cats and dogs.

Yeah. The companies don't set a good example though. Microsoft and Sony are always competing over which console is better.

well i guess they want ppl to jump on the band wagon if they can get one crazed fan maybe they can talk there friends into buying there perferred console by being totally biased.

i dont hate ne console i have always owned a playstation besides the ps3,i owned the dreamcast,xbox,genisis,saturn,snes,nes,ateri, and not to mention countless handhelds..............but ure right the companies are at each other throats thus creating friction thats passed on to consumers

ps3<360wii

ps3 suxs and has about 2 exclusives any one cares about
lair was a complete disappointment war hawk was ok
360s got the best online network for movies music games ect plus gears of war
wii is nintendo and u can never beat nintendo quality games there always great and fun
but otherwise pc pawns all

Out of the three, I think I prefer the Nintendo Wii. Maybe it's just me, but I don't really like the selection of games for XBOX 360 and PlayStation 3. I like the more innovative Nintendo games and controls. Wii + PS2 = PWNAGE.

Back
Top Bottom