why overclock?? n00b questions

Well mid range will cost the same regardless. If your looking to spend $1000 then spend $1000. Overclocking costs nothing so a mid range overclocked build will be same componants as mid range build except that you manually overclock your computer.

Oh yeah and don't buy factory overclocked components because you can manually overclock these components yourself.

If he's going to spend 1k then yeah, it would cost the same. But the parts would be different. One things, when building an OCing rig, you need to invest on good cooling. Secondly, some pieces OC better than others, so you really need to do some research before buying. Try to figure out what has better OCs. Buying a Non-OC rig is much simpler than buying an OC rig, because all though you can OC about anything, some are better than others.

i overclock because it could make my AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ to a AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ without spending like an extra $20. Makes my 8800GT close to the GTS, and timing on my ram to make it faster.
Overclock is pretty much the cheap way out to getting a very good computer. but i wouldnt recommend it unless you know somebody thats been OCing for awhile and teach you how to do it. You could end up damaging it too much where it wont post.

Back
Top Bottom