why is my ram running at 333mhz per?

I did overclock my stuff and this but it was only for a day as I felt it was unsafe and I didnt know what I was doing with my ram, I hope I didnt damage anything!

I have CPU-Z pics of my overclocked stuff if you want to see those too.

Put your ratio at 1:2 in BIOS. This should set it as 200Mhz FSB and 400Mhz MEM frequency. Which at a double data rate is 800Mhz :)

I cant find my FSB to set the ratio that way, I can set my mem frequency to 400mhz though would that damage anything without touching the ratio?

probably not, I'm not sure how your board OC's so I can't tell you what the options for that would be, but if it is unlinked and allows you to set the mem to 400Mhz, go for it. Makes sure thats the RAM's actual bus speed and not the QDR, though. 400Mhz MEM QDR is an actual RAM bus of 200Mhz. It it reads "RAM QDR" put in 800Mhz.

Ill take some screen shots after I am done see if anything changes. I remember I overclocked to 533 and my ratio on the ram was 3:8 while my bus speed was still 200mhz

I cant find my FSB to set the ratio that way, I can set my mem frequency to 400mhz though would that damage anything without touching the ratio?
Changing the memory frequency is changing the ratio. Go ahead and do it.

I updated my bios and it actually fixed it... Now I am thinking if I should try shooting for 533!!

Anyways thanks guys.

Certain boards (like mine) have locked buses until you unlink the buses, and I'm not sure if AMD automatically has unlinked FSB, HT, and RAM bus. Which is why I suggested to change the ratio first which automatically changes the RAM bus.

as soon as i updated the bios it went to 400mhz and the ratio was 1:2 the bus is still at 200mhz

Back
Top Bottom