Why is my download limited?

Matt08642

Daemon Poster
untitledxl6.jpg

Why is my download limited in uTorrent? I normally get speeds like 100KB/s if a torrent is well seeded, but now I only get maybe 30KB/s tops, no matter how well it's seeded.

So what's this download limited thing and how do I fix it?

Is it set manually in the preferences? Or do you have bandwidth scheduling on? Sorry I can't be of too much help right now, I'm at school right now.

did you change anything around the time the speed dropped?

can you still download fast from websites etc?

and make sure the port is forwarded if you have your router firewall on.

Also 1 great way to check if it's about the torrents or something else, take a few torrents at the same time and see if the speed goes up. If it does then it's just a problem with the seeders in the torrent, lots of seeds doesn't always mean good download speeds right away.

And might aswell check the settings to make sure no one has set a download limit there. Also are you getting lots of connections (like 15+) to the other peers?

untitleddt6.jpg

Nope, DL speed is set to unlimited.

And yes, I still get great download speeds from websites, this "download limited" message just appears in uTorrent and makes me not able to go over 30KB/s... :(

Has your provider capped your line? Happened to quite a few people I know after heavy downloading.

Advent said:
Has your provider capped your line? Happened to quite a few people I know after heavy downloading.

What's "capped my line" mean?

I haven't got any notices or e-mails from my ISP...

Back
Top Bottom