Why is my computer running so slow?

Zeating

Solid State Member
i have a AMD 4850e processer, and a HIS radeon 4850 graphics card. It doesnt really matter what game i play, the FPS is the same. Even if the game has bad graphics, for example Call of Duty 1, UT 2004, I get under 40 FPS if theres ANY long draw distances. So basically my computer slows to a crawl when theres a lot of objects on the screen at once, or any bit of draw distance. I don't think i am being bottlenecked by my CPU, can someone help?

cpu: amd athlon 64 x2 e4850

graphics card: HIS Ati Radeon iceq 4 turbo

mobo: gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H

2GB DDR2 RAM frequency 357mhz

psu: sparklepower 400w

My friend has the same PSU, and same card and can play almost any game with constant 60 fps..

it is already 677, They don't make RAM to run that low it's just in dual channel.

I'm pretty sure, Cpu-Z says it is anyway:
2eod4b4.jpg

Also, my penitum 4 radeon 9500 computer is faster than this one. On this comp, i get 40 fps on Call of duty 1, (yes 1) and 30 fps on CS 1.6... I have no idea why its so slow!

well CPUZ's value is always half of the actual MHZ of the RAM... so your really running at ~700 MHz... but yeah clean out some bugs on the comp, or even if your willing to back up your stuff and reformat windows likes to bog down after a while.

Maybe the power supply isnt getting enough power to the video card... thats a pretty low wattage for a higher end card... I would definately look into the power supply

Newegg said:
PCI Express based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard
450 Watt or greater power supply with 75 Watt 6-pin PCI Express power connector recommended (550 Watt and two 6-pin connectors for ATI CrossFireX technology in dual mode)
Certified power supplies are recommended. Refer to http://ati.amd.com/certifiedPSU for a list of Certified products
Minimum 1GB of system memory
Installation software requires CD-ROM drive
For a complete ATI CrossFireX system, a second ATI Radeon HD 4850 graphics card, an ATI CrossFireX Ready motherboard and one ATI CrossFireX Bridge Interconnect cable per graphics card (included) are required

Edit: by the way what does CPUZ say the max bandwith is under the SPD tab

Back
Top Bottom