why have my scores dropped??...(Vista)

EIST is to save energy, it automatically drops your CPU multiplier to 6 when at idle, it will jump back up once the system goes under load. The only reason to disable it is if you are overclocking.

alrighty :)

AHA!
so i was right about the power saving thing. :D
i disabled mine, i dont know why, i dont even overclock.
But i think i prefer it that way.

AHA!
so i was right about the power saving thing. :D
i disabled mine, i dont know why, i dont even overclock.
But i think i prefer it that way.

that still wouldn't affect the Vista score and make it drop though, it only does that when it's idle, when testing to generate the Vista score the cpu is no longer idle, his multiplier is probably back at 9 now instead of 6...

that still wouldn't affect the Vista score and make it drop though, it only does that when it's idle, when testing to generate the Vista score the cpu is no longer idle, his multiplier is probably back at 9 now instead of 6...

yup exactly....i changed it from 6 to 9. not sure how it ended up at 9 in the first place :confused: ...none the less..problem solved :)

FIXED FIXED!! scores are back to what they were :)

Thanks everyone for you help :D

when i go into the CPUz program, i notice now that the multiplier changes...i think depending on my cpu usage?...is this normal??

Another EPYK PHAILYOURE in intel's design

actually its not a failure.
I think its a good thing for those that dont use their computers much, and want to save money on energy bills.

why dont stop being a Fanboy?

AHA!
so i was right about the power saving thing.
Really sorry to piss on your parade, but Lukaszr said that the multi was set to 6 in the BIOS. The BIOS still displays the "under load" multi when EIST is enabled.

No idea why the multiplier was 6 instead of 9 though.

No idea why the multiplier was 6 instead of 9 though.

thats what i want to know. i never changed it myself in the bios, unless a program i downloaded did automatically. meh its changed back now anyhow...so all is good :)

Even though I am a late poster to this topic, i'd have to say could it be a failure in a part or something?

Back
Top Bottom