Why does my firewire not work?

soarwitheagles

Lookin' for higher ground
Hi everyone!

Thanks again for all the awesome feedback...you helped me to build my first computer and it works nearly flawlessly!

The two challenges I seem to be facing is this:

1. Firewire card works fine from the back of the card but will not work when I hook up the cable from the card to the front of the case....can anyone one give me a clue how to test various aspects to discover what exactly is wrong?

2. My EVGA 6200 LE video card causes the screen to go nearly completely green when I tried Delta Force on it. [I am not a gamer but thought I would at least test it!] EVGA agreed to send me a new one...but I am still wondering if it could be something else...any ideas anyone?

It is me, your NANY NANY=Not A Nerd Yet

My System
ESC P4M800PRO-M v.2
Intel 805D
Microfly clear case
Ultra 500 watt power supply with SLi ready and nice silver wires
PQI DDR RAM 512+512MB=1GB
PPA Firewire PCI Card
e-GeForce 6200 LE APG Video Card
Pioneer DVR-710 DVD/CD burner
Windows XP PRO
ThermaTake CPU Fan TR-2-M21-RX
Maxtor 120 GB ATA HD-8 MB CACHE
Maxtor 200 GB SATA HD-8 MB CACHE

One thing you can do is go to device manager by right clicking my computer and clicking manage. In there i would find your firewire card, and un-install the driver's for it. then just reboot your computer.

When the OS loads up, it will detect your firewire card and install the correct driver's for it..

Well if it works on the back of the case ie motherboard, wouldnt you think is a connection issue to the front of the case?

Back
Top Bottom