Why does this always happen when i plug my ipod

nick_w

In Runtime
Why does this always happen when i plug my ipod shuffle in the USB port i know my usb port is functioning proplery coz i use it for other devices when i plug my ipod shuffle in the comp it says,
0j.jpg

Did you do it with the iPOD plugged into the USB port? Also, does your computer go into Stand By mode or Hibernation? Try disabling power management or do it to the USB hub specifically:

Click Start, and then click Run. Type devmgmt.msc in the Open box, and then click OK. Expand the Universal Serial Bus controllers and then follow these steps for each USB Root Hub that is listed: Right-click the USB Root Hub, and then click Properties. Click the Power Management tab. Click to clear the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" check box, and then click OK.

OK i did what you told me to do and all of them are ticked. I will tell you what happens when i insert my ipod in the USB, I put it in the light goes green on my ipod then it goes orange then the error message pops up. Thats what happens i have had it wokring one before in my computer.

No try and install the USB 2.0 drivers form your mobo look it up on the internet

It's SP1 you have to reinstall. The motherboard I have now says to do that. I ran the utility disk and found the "Install USB 2.0" on it. Then guess what? It directed me to install SP1 to get the USB 2.0 drivers, lol. That was probably the main deal with SP1. I goofed when I said SP2. That's security updates.

Back
Top Bottom