Why do I always have graphics problems?

I understand your suggestion but I have been working on computers for about 8 years now and I have had friends who i've built computers for and play wow with for 5. i have used all of their computers and I know what it should look like. the problem i have starts happening MONTHS after using each video card. If you want an idea of what it looks like, at first everything is perfectly normal. environmental detail looks great. then slowly, I see parts of the distant landscape textures in-game start to wave.

the waving and distorting of textures comes first. then over time it gets worse. it comes to the point where every time i move my characters, textures are BOUNCING very noticeably across the screen. I have tried to work through this problem multiple times. i have tried everything from different drivers to getting a new card. the latter always works at least for a while.

the funny thing is, the issues that are happening are ALWAYS tell-tale signs of overheating. but there is no overheating. temps are perfectly fine.

And I have come across many posts on many different forums about this same issue but there are ZERO working fixes. most of the issues i've seen are on the world of warcraft forums and nvidia forums. mostly to do with 7 and 8 series cards, and show the same signs of graphic failure without any real heat issue. but the fact that this happens in almost no other game (doesn't happen in oblivion, BF2142, or Crysis on high settings) leads me to believe it's a conflict between wow's patching and nvidia's drivers.

I have even been concerned in the past that the way nvidia's drivers work (or don't work) with wow could have permanent effects on how the video card displays the graphics, leading to the necessary RMA or purchasing of a different card. But i'm not sure about the theory because Omega Drivers DO improve the issue. they just don't fix it.

So, while being too picky about what i'm seeing on the screen COULD be a plausible suggestion for a person who hasn't seen what the game should look like with well-working components, I am not that person :( ... I do wish this was true though.

At this point i'm not really sure what to do. maybe try an ATI card. But last time i used one, the driver utility bugged the hell out of me. i hated it. I'm sure there are improvements though since it's been years :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OKAY i find this hilarious.... I reformatted today and installed windows 7 ultimate 64 bit... never used a 64 bit operating system but I love it. and guess what... every graphic problem i had before the reformat isn't happening anymore.....

does anyone have any idea why this is? i know there is more memory in use. but seriously....the only 2 things that fix this for me are 1. new graphics cards and now 2. apparently switching to 64-bit.

I'm just saying that instead of just buying yet another 7 series card, get something a tad more recent.
Thanks Gibson but that in no way helps me at all. if you read my posts you'd know that i can play much more recent games with no problem. and if you read the end of my last post, you'd know that getting something other than a 7 series card would in no way improve my problem. I can't afford to buy a new video card and the performance of this one is normally perfect for what i do. So thank you very much for the suggestion :)

Thanks Gibson but that in no way helps me at all. if you read my posts you'd know that i can play much more recent games with no problem. and if you read the end of my last post, you'd know that getting something other than a 7 series card would in no way improve my problem. I can't afford to buy a new video card and the performance of this one is normally perfect for what i do. So thank you very much for the suggestion :)

I know, but you had also gotten the problem fixed when I posted that, so help would have been useless. I've no idea why a 64bit os would have fixed it, maybe the x86 drivers are just funky?

possible gibson :) anyway I am REALLY happy... thanks for all the responses anyway and maybe this can help someone in the future.

possible gibson :) anyway I am REALLY happy... thanks for all the responses anyway and maybe this can help someone in the future.

Well, I'm glad you got it fixed (just out of curiosity, when this issue started popping up, did you ever try rolling back your drivers?)

Yeah, I have rolled back many times. in some situations it helped. i remember switching between like 15 different nvidia driver versions one day to find which worked best. anyway, yes in general older drivers helped and Omega drivers helped more. Omega uses some parts of old drivers and are tuned specifically for gaming so it's probably why :p ~~ still running smooth btw. no issues whatsoever. gonna let this thread die now :)

I know this is abit out of context, but i know what you went through jcon. Experienced similar problems... and more :p formatted loaded a 64-bit windows poof everything works perfectly. Dont know why but hey if it works it works lol

Back
Top Bottom