Why do 8800gtx's have..

ownage said:
three card SLI = two video cards working to fill each pixel on the screen, while a third computes physics.

And I'm pretty sure a mid-high end video card has better physics computing power than the PhysX card just because of the immense amount of calculations they can do.
ya i said there the same thing because there both dedicated physics cards and i thought you were talking about physx because i dont think people would pay 500$+ for a 8800 when they can just pay for a 150-200$ physx card which is probaly better because its meant for it.

immense power dosent make up for dedication. the aricecht of the physx's CPU is designed with physics in mind

8monitor.jpg

card2.jpg

news100306_12dujour.gif

So it has been made...

as you can see, those are clearly not 8800GTXs, and the quad SLI for 7800GTXs never really worked with that gigabyte board...

The Gigabyte Quad Royale board never even sold. I think it was just released for the media to benchmark. Becides, who the hell will have the money to buy FOUR 7800 GTXs? Just the idea of integrated sound makes me shudder.

Also, the 7900 GX2 wasn't Quad SLI, it was just two double PCB video cards running in SLI. So one 7900 GX2 is essentially two 7900 GTX's running on a dual-PCB setup, but it's counted as one card.

rudster816 said:
ya i said there the same thing because there both dedicated physics cards and i thought you were talking about physx because i dont think people would pay 500$+ for a 8800 when they can just pay for a 150-200$ physx card which is probaly better because its meant for it.

immense power dosent make up for dedication. the aricecht of the physx's CPU is designed with physics in mind

That's why you buy a mid-range video card and use it as a physics card. The amount of calculations ATI cards can do is immense, even if it's only for physics. It doesn't have to be a high-end card, just something like the 7950 GT or X1950 Pro will be just as effective as the PhysX card.

Yeah, it'll be too tight, unless you're willing to use integrated sound instead.

Back
Top Bottom