Where's My BIOS File?

crysalis1

Baseband Member
Anyone know where my BIOS file is located so that i can change my Splash screen....I'm running an ASUS P4P800S motherboard....

Whenever i load up "MyLogo" it asks me for the location of my original BIOS File.....I don't know where thats located nor what the file name would be.....

Anyone know where to look??

Depends on what OS yer running, bios won't have your logo screen, that in the windows system32 folder...

i forget what the name of the file is though.

ok do this:
Look for logo.sys or logow.sys in the Windows directory. Copy elsewhere, rename the extension to bmp, open in your graphics program, edit away, put the file back in the original location, reboot...wa la.

Actually, some BIOS's(right ^^; ) have interchangable logos as well. Find out what your motherboard is and check out the manufacturers website. They usally have a program to do this, if yours is capable

~mr mixx~ said:
ok do this:
Look for logo.sys or logow.sys in the Windows directory. Copy elsewhere, rename the extension to bmp, open in your graphics program, edit away, put the file back in the original location, reboot...wa la.

Yeah I know thats the file to edit your Windows Splash screen...I'm referring to the splash screen that appears right after your memory test or during for that matter...Not all motherboards do it....But, its becoming a popular thing with the whole custom PC movement....I have an ASUS P4P800S motherboard.....When i turn on my computer, it displays a black splash screen with the Model of motherboard in 3D sytle font...

ASUS has a program called "MyLogo" that allows you to change that splash screen to any BMP file you would like.....When I load up the program, it asks me for the location of my original BIOS file...I don't know where thats located (not to mention the file name)....MY motherboard uses the American Megatrends BIOS utility....

Anyone got any ideas where to look??

Back
Top Bottom