where's a good price on a processor

kevin o.

Baseband Member
i'm gonna buy a AMD Athlon 64 3800+ 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor. I need to find the lowest price. so far i've only found them a tigerdirect, and newegg. at tigerdirect, it's about $340, and at newegg, it's about $320. Please tell me if any body knows where i can get it at the lowest price. Thanx for you time.

Newegg's the lowest price I've seen of all the websites I visited. Plus, they are very trustworthy so you may as well order it from Newegg.

Plus, I think Newegg has free shipping and handling on that particular CPU so go NEWEGG!!!!

That's Newegg again. Fastest shipping with FedEx (free) and reliable. Great customer service. Look at the testimonies on that site. THey have the lowest price around. I checked elsewhere and there's always a shipping charge. Newegg doesn't have shipping on that Athlon 64 3800+ so it's a good buy.

Your welcome. To give you a peace of mind, I buy all my parts from Newegg. I haven't once got screwed over by them. I did RMA a Raptor drive once because I couldn't get it working. They accepted with no problem at all and and credited the money back to my credit card. I ordered a lot of parts through them in the last 5 years and they still have the fastest delivery possible. A lot of their products don't have shipping charges either depending on what you get. That is great because a lot of websites will charge it always.

i did go to price grabber, and they said that the people i listed above was the cheapest, 2nd was newegg.

oh, and is this a good processor for my parts list.

Cpu-
AMD Athlon 64 3800+ 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor

mobo-
ASUS A8N-SLI Premium Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD

ram-
CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory

hard drive-
Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 ST3250823AS 250GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150

dvd drive-
NEC Silver IDE DVD Burner Model ND-3540A

vid. card-
eVGA 256-P2-N537-AX Geforce 7800GT Video Card with Battlefield 2 full version

case-
Logisys Phantom Case with Window (Silver)

lcd-
ViewSonic VA702b Black 17" 12ms

heatsink-
ZALMAN CNPS7700-CU 120mm 2 Ball Cooling Fan

mouse and keyboard-
Logitech Cordless Desktop Optical 967320-0403 Black PS/2 RF Wireless Standard Keyboard Mouse Included

PSU-
Sky Hawk/Eagle Tech ATX-GM620SC ATX 12V, EPS 12V, AMD ATX-GES 620W Power Supply

and this-
http://www.frozencpu.com/bus-27.html

Yup, you're going to own with that system. For the price, it's pretty good. That link on the last part of the list 't working for me. It's so slow getting there. My processes spiked when trying to access that site so I'm weary of it.

i don't know what to tell you about the link, it took about 6 seconds for me. it is a CoolerMaster Cool Drive 4 - Silver. it tells you your computers temp, it's RPM, and other stuff like that. if you want to see it, go to frozencpu.com, and search CoolerMaster Cool Drive 4 - Silver, and then click on the pic with that name.

that is if you want to try that site again not using my link.

Back
Top Bottom