where to get barebone notebooks at

bIND777 said:

wow. i hope that wasnt spam.

ColdwaterCS said:
Hi Guys
I am just wondering where I can get barebone notebooks (laptops) at?

what do you mean... barebone? like just the basics? like not very good but cheap? or something else? cause dell is barest i know of. but if your definition is different, tell me.

Are those barebones or just laptops with nothing in them? The only true barebones laptops I've seen have been the ECS desknote series. They run on standard desktop RAM, socketA processors, and have an easilly accessable 2.5" harddrive. The LCD and optical drive is also easy to swap, but not quite as simple as the others...

The main drawbacks are heat(beleive me, mine is increadibly hot) and lack of batteries. Performace isn't that bad though...

ColdwaterCS said:
i mean just the laptops with noting in them that is what i am looking for.

They don't really exist. The reason is, the manufacturering process and LCD screens that are used the issue. You see, LCD screens use Indium, a very soft metal the melts at very low temperatures. To be honest, Indium is EXTREMELY expensive right now, since it is a rare earth metal. It is about 8,500$ a kilo. Since laptops use these LCD screens, only large companies can afford to incorporate them into the manufacturing processies. With that in mind, it is not as hard to understand why there are not backbone laptops. Now, if by some chance you do find them, that is crazy! Not only this screen issue, but laptop internal parts are DIFFICULT if not impossible to find with the exception of RAM. GPU enabled Motherboards of that size are nto sold to the general public.

HELLLOOOO... I posted that they DO exist... Obviously you're limited with some things(must use LCDs made for the machine) but you can get one with nothing in them... ECS Desknote or i-Buddie 929. There's an intel and AMD version.

Back
Top Bottom