Where can I download BETA versions of new windows?

To legally download the Vista Beta, you either have to have paid for a well-expensive MSDN subscription, or be invited to the Beta program.

To get it illegally, well that's obvious. But I am not encouraging that.

Vista's not all its cracked up to be. The only operating system I would buy from microsoft in the near future is Microsoft Solitude. Windows has had so many add ons and cover ups and plug ins I dont know how they can call it an operating system, More like an Nonoperational system

Yeah, I heard about that comment before how Windows is just one big pile of programming added based on older Windows to make it new. Visa should be revamped, but stupid Microsoft is using Windows XP core still. WinFS won't be available upon first release, darn it.

Yeah, I'm not too enthusiastic about Vista. It's based on XP, which in turn uses the 2000 kernel. It looks crap, just looks like XP with a lame skin on top.

WinFS is scheduled for Blackcomb, IIRC. Blackcomb is the codename for the successor to Windows Server 2003, due out in about 2010 I believe.

In fact, I'm sick of Windows. Every version is the same, the only reason I use it is because that's where all the main software and, most importantly, the games are. And it's a lot easier than Linux, but it's just dull to use.

I think the time will soon come when I only use Windows for gaming. Unless the professional game houses pull the finger out and begin to seriously target Linux as well.

I'd still like to try Vista, though. Doubt it's anything special, however.

I think what I'll do is wait for the official integration of WinFS before making the jump to a new OS. That may be a spread of 6 months or more after the intial release of Vista though. That sucks, because I was so looking forward to the new Windows Vista.

Yeah, I expected Windows Viesta to be the next big thing for Microsoft, but you lot are right. Its more than anything, just a port over with a few extra features.

The turn on power features and stuff seems kewl though, but I expected more in terms of visual customisability because of it having a Direct 3D interface, etc. That would have made it special for me, but no, they haven't really done anything good with the technology at all except for a few transparancy settings that you could do in software anyway :(

Vista is legal to download. They made the distributionto all of us. They knew that servers would be hosting them. That's why it is legal

Plus, why wanting Windows? They are Linuxifying it

Its best to use Linux

Back
Top Bottom