what's your opinion on this card

eggyhustles

In Runtime
FX PVT84JUDD3 GeForce 8600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Supported Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150229

Im not a big gamer at all im just not to fond of intergrated graphics..the computer is basically used for movies and music..i may play a small game of minsweeper but that's about it lol..my pc specs are as followed

Western Digital WD1200AAJS 120GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ Brisbane 2.1GHz Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Processor Model ADO4000IAA5DD
Rosewill R6422-P SL Black/ Silver SGCC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
ECS AMD690GM-M2 AM2 AMD 690G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
Antec True Power Trio TP3-430 ATX12V 430W Power Supply with Three 12V Rails
Kingston HyperX 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Desktop Memory Model KHX6400D2/1G

I was on a small budget as u can tell..but in the following months i plan to up the ram to 4 gigs purchase a 22 inch lcd..and get 2 500gb hds..maybe a sound card who knows..

should be right were you need it. however you could get a 40 gs for half that but this is good just in case you decide to start playing games soon.

should be right were you need it. however you could get a 40 gs for half that but this is good just in case you decide to start playing games soon.

Speaking of that..i am able to get either the new call of duty or the new rainbow six for free...with that video card and a extra gig of ram can i run either game?

well your post said 1, yeha 2 gigs is more than enough.

my last comp on sig runs crysis at 30 FPS at low settings your set man...

well your post said 1, yeha 2 gigs is more than enough.

my last comp on sig runs crysis at 30 FPS at low settings your set man...

oh yea im on 1 now..but i plan to purchase a extra gig with the video card. i really wanna do 4 gigs but im on xp and as i was told xp only supports up to 3

2 is MORE than enough if your really want to get vista that would be good for dx 10 and that would justify 2 more gigs of ram on top of that and the video card is almost perfect for that and will still run those game very well.

Back
Top Bottom