Whats next for my computer!!

i would still suggest gettinga high end video card before you replace ur procesor/mobo and see if its good with the games you play and if not you can always upgrade later.

6200 is the third most powerful series that nVidia makes. It still SLAUGHTERS the 5950Ultra! I mean, for under $110, it is a DAMN GOOD CARD!

i noticed that that particular card is pci, whats the diff. between pci and agp? i heard to stay away from pci cards thats all...and i noticed that it is cheaper than the 9600xt, by about 30 bucks... is it even any better?

the 6200 SLAUGHTERS the 5950 ultra????

WHen did this happen???

Merlin, I suggest you overclock your CPU.
And get a decent video card, such as a 6600GT or a 6800.
Add another stick of RAM.

So if you look around you could probably get both of those for around 330-350.

You should overclock your cpu because it will bottleneck your new video card severely if you don't.

Also, buying a new CPU is not really smart. You should hold out on buying a CPU and Mobo for around 4 months, and when prices drop, then go out and buy them. But until then, overclock your Barton to 2.4. And you'll play farcry on decent settings.

This is the best way for you at the moment. Cause you only want to upgrade.

And the 6200 turbocache is terrible. It's like integrated graphics. Using your memory in placement for its lack of memory.

edit:

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1558,1753578,00.asp

TibsBeatAll said:
the 6200 SLAUGHTERS the 5950 ultra????

WHen did this happen???

Merlin, I suggest you overclock your CPU.
And get a decent video card, such as a 6600GT or a 6800.
Add another stick of RAM.

So if you look around you could probably get both of those for around 330-350.

You should overclock your cpu because it will bottleneck your new video card severely if you don't.

Also, buying a new CPU is not really smart. You should hold out on buying a CPU and Mobo for around 4 months, and when prices drop, then go out and buy them. But until then, overclock your Barton to 2.4. And you'll play farcry on decent settings.

This is the best way for you at the moment. Cause you only want to upgrade.

And the 6200 turbocache is terrible.

Are you completely retarded??? Seriously, the 6200 is way better. Don't believe me? Fine, believe nVidia you foolish nonbeliever. It is complete idiotics to think that the turbocache, shader 3.0, and PCIe wouldn't slaughter the 5950Ultra. Here, you the dim witted, proof of your utter stupidity on the matter. Now go away ANTICHRIST.

Tech specs for the 6000 series GPUS. Eat that. and here is more for ye of little mind!

http://www.tweaktown.com/document.php?dType=article&dId=726&dPage=4

Oh, and need I remind you that they compared the PCIe 5900XT card, which already was beating the 5950Ultra AGP card...... Yeah, ok....

AMD ZEN said:
6200 is the third most powerful series that nVidia makes. It still SLAUGHTERS the 5950Ultra! I mean, for under $110, it is a DAMN GOOD CARD!

Note, did I say turbo cache? NO!! 6200 Slays the 5950Ultra, so sorry to tell you. The 5950Ultra sucks.

i jound foudn this little treasue on tiger direct GREAT Price, but its agp, but considering if u put in 200, u got urself a brand new 3400 64 amd with 512mb ram, not shaby

Yeah, that is nice, but with the setup I gave him above, he can't go wrong. It is PCIe and it has the Winchester core at 90nm, and is socket 939, and he gets a GREAT MOBO!!

Back
Top Bottom