What's next?

I downloaded this program called NVIDIA Control Panel which allows me to adjust my motherboard settings, I believe it's exclusive to my motherboard too.

I believe Reference Clock is the FSB which is at 200MHz giving me a CPU Core Frequency of 2200MHz, HT Bus Frequency of 1000MHz and Memory Bus Frequency of 800MHz. So I lowered my memory frequency in the BIOS to 667MHz and lowered in the Panel the HT frequency to 4x. So I raised the Reference Clock higher so it didn't go above the other clocks which gave me this:

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z198/Shantei_DA/untitled.jpg

So it had increased 440MHz. I checked on PC Wizard and it said the current clock was at 2640MHz as well. Was it overclocked?

However, after 10 minutes, Firefox was failing to upload the image I was trying to show and kept ecountering problems. And then a program Win 32 and something else I can't remember had to close .. and then my computer restarted and everything's back to Stock. This is really pissing me off, it doesn't allow me to overclock it through the BIOS nor programs. Why is this? Is it my 480W PSU? Surely that's enough to overclock it.

Any suggestions please?

Edit: Or maybe is it something to do with unlocking the motherboard or cpu? In which case, how do I do that?

Back
Top Bottom