What's most important?

geez. i just read this whole thread and i learnd a whole lot from it! dang. thanks for the info. ya.

oh and wat is the ATi equivalent of a 6800, nd wats better/more cost-efficient? jus wondering cuz u guys were talking about vid card earlier

Yeah, badninja, I learned a lot too. In a matter of a few days, no less. I think I'll whip together a newbie FAQ and maybe someone can sticky it. We can keep adding basic stuff like this to it, so people who aren't familiar with computers can start learning quickly and easily.

Does the number of pins matter? i.e., more pins = better RAM/MOBO?

The FSB on the MOBO is 1066/800 MHz. What's the first and second number indicate? Also - anyone wanna gimmie a rundown on FSB and how important it actually is?

Is that North Bridge/South Bridge stuff of any importance to me, or is that just technics I don't need to know about?

Just have to comment - that MOBO says it supports 16 GB RAM maximum...wow! That's a lot of RAM!

PCI video cards suck - not PCI-E though, right? What's the other kinds? PCI, PCI-E, etc.

For the MOBO, what do all those "storage devices" listings mean? PATA, SATA II and SATA RAID. PATA has "2 x ATA 100 up to 4 Devices" listed. I'm figuring this has something to do with HDD capacity, but I'm not positive.

For the USB it says 4 rear ports (guessing that means in back of comp with other wires) and then below that it has "onboard USB". Another four ports listed. What does this mean?

No word from anyone on the "under voltage" problem people whined about on NewEgg?

jeez! 16gb of ram is hella!

oh and for vid card interfaces, theres also "AGP"
oh and ya, pci-e video cards dont suck, they're actually the best interface to use

That's what I figured. AGP was the other one, and PCI-E is the best out there. I'm guessing AGP is 2nd best and PCI the worst, currently.

Back
Top Bottom