What's The Matter?

Uiop

Solid State Member
I'm fixing a computer for a friend with the following problems:
1) When I first hooked it up and powered on, I got the "Compaq" logo. Nothing I could do would make it go away or enter the BIOS set-up. If I pressed F10, it should say "Entering BIOS setup..." but it never actually opened.
2) Thinking that it was a hareware issue, I decided to unhook each device one-by-one. The first device I unhooked has the hard drive. After unhooking the hard drive, when turned on, the computer will not display anything on the screen.
3) I noticed that the monitor (VGA) connector, was bent to one side (from a monitor cable tugging on it). I installed a PCI video card, but there is still no monitor output.

How should I procceed?

well u could try setting the bios to the default settings by taking the cmos out from the mobo for a while. Or it could be hardware, but u won't be able to tell which part it is by just taking it out, a computer needs the hardware to work. So if u take out a hdd, replace it with a hdd that works. Doing this with every part would find out if it's a hardware problem. If u are going to do this, I'd start with changing the mobo and hdd.

Back
Top Bottom