Whats going on with my LCD?

Devils6258

Baseband Member
I've had this LCD monitor for 3 years now and havn't had any problems with it untill now. When I play games like wow the screen starts to shake and get lines through it. It starts in the upper left corner then gets worse untill I have to restart my computer. Its not so bad that its impossible to use its actually not very bad at all but its so annoying. This was happening a month ago before I left for vacation. 3 weeks later when I came back there were no problems but now after 2 weeks after I came back its starting again. Anybody know whats going on? Maybe my monitor is just too old?

Yeah, my graphics cards messed up, and a lot of artifacts appear when viewing images, and playing games.
Red dots, and odd green lines where shaders are usually.

Try un-installing and re-installing your graphic card drivers. Its a long shot, but you never know :)

Did u Overclock ur graphic card or is it the clock speeds still? As evryone else said, reinstall your drivers.

Take your card out and clean any dirt and dust that might be in it. I have to do this every year or so because the gpu fan gets so clogged with dirt that the card begins to overheat when I use graphics intensive apps. Hope that helps

I have:
Neovo f-417 lcd monitor
geforce 7600gs agp graphics card

When I run a Display optimization wizard, it brings me to this screen and tells me to press the autosnyc button. The test display has shakey black lines running through it. Before and after I autosync. Not always though sometimes autosnyc fixes it.

It seems to happen when I minimize games like half life 2 then reopen them. My graphics card didnt fit perfect so I had to kinda force it. I dont know if that would cause this though because, this is the first time I've seen this in the 3 months since I've had it. I'll deffinately try cleaning it I'm just afraid to touch my card because, it was so hard to get in I'm surprised it worked and I dont want to test my luck, haha. I have to work up the guts.

Hopefully graphics cards are like old nintento cartridges. I was no less rough then I'd be with one of those. No blowing into it or banging it on the top though :p.

You shouldnt need to force the graphics card to get it in, so i reckon you have either damaged the card or slot, or you havent fitted it in properly.

Back
Top Bottom