Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-12-2007, 04:36 PM   #11
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mammikoura
Default Re: what's the dumbest thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by medabomb2000
The dumbest thing that I probably have ever done was try to turn on a friends computer for an hour and playing around with the interior to make sure everything was connected properly. And the problem was that the power cord was not plugged into the wall... Man did I feel like a idiot.
I had a similar situation.
well I had just come home from a lan party (that = no sleep for 24h+) and was trying to put my computer on, and well couldn't get the monitor working. Almost quit and went to bed, but then I took a final look behind the computer and noticed that I had plugged my monitor into my integrated vid card instead of the agp one.

Old 02-12-2007, 04:37 PM   #12
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to LambOfGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammikoura
I had a similar situation.
well I had just come home from a lan party (that = no sleep for 24h+) and was trying to put my computer on, and well couldn't get the monitor working. Almost quit and went to bed, but then I took a final look behind the computer and noticed that I had plugged my monitor into my integrated vid card instead of the agp one.
I know that one all too well

LambOfGod- Q6600 g0 @ 3.06 Ghz * DFI LANPARTY DK X48-T2RS * Antec 1200 * Rosewill RP550 PSU * EVGA 8800 GTX Superclocked *WD 74GB Raptor * 2 X Seagate 1TB 7200.11 (RAID 1) * 4 GB DDR2 1022 GSKILL 5-5-5-13 * Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit/Windows XP 64 Bit
LambOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 05:17 PM   #13
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie420
I formatted my hard drive on accident....

That was dumb.
how did you do that!?
Core i7 2600K Sandybridge + Prolimatech Megahalems Cooler ₪ Asus P8P67 DELUXE ₪ G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB DDR3 1600MHz ₪ Crossfire 5870's ₪ OCZ GameXstream 850w ₪ X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS edition ₪ OCZ Vertex 3 120GB ₪ Antec P182 ₪ NAS ReadyDuo 4Tb ₪ BenQ FP241WZ 24" Widescreen LCD ₪ Windows 7 x64
Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 05:33 PM   #14
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher
how did you do that!?
good question, I was once formatting a floppy disc for a BIOS update and accidentally right clicked on the C drive instead of A, Windows didn't let the format start thankfully...

I forget the message, but it basically said "you're using/on the C drive dumbass"...

wol-va-rine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 05:41 PM   #15
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm

The stupidest thign i've ever done was plug a case sound thing into some jumpers on the mother board (that i thought was sound) Turned out it wasn't (can't remember off had) and blew the board. Thankfully i was doing teh build at work, and could simply grab a new one off the shelf and send that to our RMA department.

The stupidest thing i've seen done was stick DDR2 in the slot backwards, and one the same board stick a 775 processor on backwards. Not sure how the guy managed either of them....

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote