What's the diffrenece between a Pentium D & a Pentium Dual Core?

vaio-fx

Daemon Poster
Are these both the same processor, if not which is better. They have different logos which makes me think they are different. Thanks for the help, I need to know so I can choose which one to buy.

pentium_d_logo.gif

000000059411.gif

First, Pentium D's are very HOT.
Second, the logos are not what the Processor is called. The Logos categorize the types of CPU's.
Example:
Logo - Intel Core 2 Duo Inside
Processor Family: Conroe
Core 2 Duo E6300
Core 2 Duo E6320
Core 2 Duo E6400
Core 2 Duo E6420
Core 2 Duo E6540
Core 2 Duo E6550
Core 2 Duo E6600
Core 2 Duo E6700
Core 2 Duo E6750
Core 2 Duo E6850
Processor Family: Allendale
Core 2 Duo E4300
Core 2 Duo E4400
Core 2 Duo E4500
Core 2 Duo E6300
Core 2 Duo E6400
So for your information the logo means that the computer has an Intel CPU and is 1,2, or 4 cores.

I don't know the juicy details on each, but i can at least kind of give the basics.

Pentium D is a single-core processor
Pentium Dual Core is a Dual (2) core processor.

Basically, the more processors you have the better (generally)
So the Pentium Dual Core is better than the Pentium D.

I don't know exactly how it all works but the dual core is able to multi-task better since it can have 2 strings/threads going, giving less of a load on your processor when running multiple or high demanding programs.

Duo 2 Core is pretty much standard now.

LOL cancel what i said, i just read the Pentium D and its a dual core too. Sorry. I should research first, owned myself :]

After a quick browse, looks like the Duo Core is newer technology than the Pentium-D. The Duo Core is able to dish out more stuff with lower wattages and mhz than the Pentium-D.

Thanks for the replies, so I would be better off with a Pentium Dual Core right? I would get a core 2 duo, but its a budget build.

Pentium D is a single-core processor

Wrong!
BTW - It works just fine with Vista......been using it on my desktop for over 8 months with zero issues. Great processor @ a dirt cheap price.......not state of the art but still not bad for a budget build.

Pentiium%20D.jpg

Back
Top Bottom