What's the difference between a 32-bit and 64-bit program?

Though 64bit is the future... and you can buy 64 bit processers now, even though there are no 64 bit programs, or at least not commercially... when 64 bit finally comes out, will that mean machines with 64bit now will be too slow to run them as efficently as ones then? So in a way, we'll have a slow processor again, compared to what we had in the 32bit world?...

*KaGe*

I think it's all a big scam. They just keep making more and more advanced computers available and making us spend tons of money to keep up. :eek:

Seriously, you have to get a new system every few years to be up to date.

Wasn't the first 64-bit processor made in 1992?

I wouldn't be surprised if it existed in 1992. The government and military always have light years worth of technology and keep us in the dark about it. They exploit us by slowly revealing a new piece of technology and economic-wise, make them available to consumers a little at a time until companies can keep up while the military or whoever is probably developing technology further ahead.

yhea, i wonder what the already have now. haha. i wouldlaugh if there was like 128 bit processors that they already have. that would be awesome to have on of those babies!

Back
Top Bottom