whats better in RAM?

the 3 gigs at the higher clock speed is gonna be better. and if u want a little more performance get a 5000+ black edition and OC it. there going for 85$ right now on newegg.com and u should notice a decent difference. especially if u OC it

well yeah it kind of is. But it's the only way to get a decent overclock.

Depends on how far you go and how hot it gets. That can depend on ambient temps and your cooling situation like case, fans, heatsinks etc.

i was about to get the 5000+ black edition before i got the 4800+, but they didnt have it at my local computer store so i went with the 4800+.
oh yeah, found out that i can go to Volt 2.2 for the DRAM, but it was red when i selected it, is that bad?
but i am able to get the timings and speed
the highest the mobo was willing to go was 2.5.
on the smart gaurdian, it says the DRAM is 2.19V and is in red.
my mobo/chipset is at 47 degees C, and i think it will be around 50-55 on load.
BTW, i got 1 fan on the back that blows out, 2 fans on top that blows out, 1 fan on the bottom that blows in, 2 fans on the side that blows in, and 1 fan in the front that blows in, and they are all 120mm fans.

EDIT: NVM, end up that it didnt work, there was no error beeps, but windows wont load, im just going to keep it at 5-5-5-15 and make the speed to 800mhz.

get the speed, latency only provides enhancement on a 1024 x 768 res. or something lower than that, plus judging by your computer i doubt you have a 15 inch monitor

i did have a normal CRT monitor that only went to 1024 x 768 for awhile and switched to a 20.1 inch like 2 months ago. But when playing games, i seem to lose in performance due to the higher resolution. But i dont really mind, i like playing on bigger screens.
oh, and props to people that helped me

How much VRAM does your card have, the X1950 GT is getting on a bit now but it should be able to play most new games (Crysis excluded) at medium to high settings if you have 512MB of VRAM. Memory makes much more of a difference at higher resolutions in certain games and with filters on. Make sure you have AA off if you want the best performance.

my x1950 has 256 MB vram, and 256 Bit. i bought this back in december i think. It was the cheapest and best card i couldve afford which was $110 back then.

Depends on how far you go and how hot it gets. That can depend on ambient temps and your cooling situation like case, fans, heatsinks etc.

high voltage is a bad thing no matter what. It always increases temps and power consumption, as well as puts extra stress on the hardware.

A lot of time none of these usually matter much since most of the time temps are ok, no one really cares about power consumption and that extra stress won't make a difference unless you increase the voltage too much. But it's still a bad thing. :p

Ohh and the voltage being red in the bios. Doesn't mean it's anything to worry about. It just means that the voltage is high.

my x1950 has 256 MB vram, and 256 Bit. i bought this back in december i think. It was the cheapest and best card i couldve afford which was $110 back then.
Turn off AA in games that the card is struggling in and download Rivatuner and try and get some extra MHz out of the clocks.

Back
Top Bottom