Whats better?

I've never heard of cyber, but I know that Alienware is extremely overpriced.

It seems ibuypower.com is linked to cyber, as they have the exact same special...compare the two and look for the best deal :) I know ibuypower is highly rated, so I presume cyber is as well.

I've never heard of cyber, but I know that Alienware is extremely overpriced.

It seems ibuypower.com is linked to cyber, as they have the exact same special...compare the two and look for the best deal :) I know ibuypower is highly rated, so I presume cyber is as well.

Where did you get your 850W PSU?

All you'll ever hear from me is "build it yourself", which I think you totally should. It's really satisfying, and not hard at all.

All you'll ever hear from me is "build it yourself", which I think you totally should. It's really satisfying, and not hard at all.

I would agree, or at least suggest going to a small computer store and getting them to buy it for you. Don't know what prices are like where you are, but in the UK I worked out that I could build the £1,600-spec Alienware machine that my friend was looking in to for about £950 and, unlike Alienware, that would be paying the full retail prices for all the components.

Any local computer shop would most likely offer to build a custom machine for you and they'd help you work out what sort of things you need and they would, more than likely, charge a lot less than companies like Alienware (and you'd have more freedom in your choice of components). :)

where are you from for first? the US? I'd really suggest you to build it yourself for the simple fact that i built my first computer when i was 10 without any help =X just post what you think your going to buy and we'll see if its all compatible / a good deal. also, how much money are you willing to dump down on this? if your looking at alienware I'm guessing a lot...

So far this is my build from CyberPowerPc.

CASE: ($20 off Mail-in Rebate) Apevia X-Cruiser Mid-Tower 420W Case W/ WINDOW, MultiMeter Display & Control (Red Color)
CPU: (Sckt775)Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E8400 CPU @ 3.0GHz 1333FSB 6MB L2 Cache 64-bit
MOTHERBOARD: (QX9650/9770 Support) Asus P5K Premium/WIFI-AP Intel P35 CrossFire Chipset LGA775 FSB1333 DDR2/800 Mainboard w/GbLAN, Internal RAID, USB2.0, IEEE1394, & 7.1Audio
MEMORY: (Req.DDR2 MainBoard)2GB (2x1GB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GX2 1GB 16X PCI Express (EVGA Powered by NVIDIA)
VIDEO CARD 2: NONE
VIDEO CARD 3: NONE
LCD Monitor: NONE
HARD DRIVE: Single Hard Drive (750GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)
Data Hard Drive: NONE
Optical Drive: (Special Price) LG 20X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (RED COLOR)
Optical Drive 2: NONE
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

Thermaltake Toughpowerâ„¢ Express 650 Watts VGA Power Supply

And I'm from Canada.

So far this is my build from CyberPowerPc.

CASE: ($20 off Mail-in Rebate) Apevia X-Cruiser Mid-Tower 420W Case W/ WINDOW, MultiMeter Display & Control (Red Color)
CPU: (Sckt775)Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E8400 CPU @ 3.0GHz 1333FSB 6MB L2 Cache 64-bit
MOTHERBOARD: (QX9650/9770 Support) Asus P5K Premium/WIFI-AP Intel P35 CrossFire Chipset LGA775 FSB1333 DDR2/800 Mainboard w/GbLAN, Internal RAID, USB2.0, IEEE1394, & 7.1Audio
MEMORY: (Req.DDR2 MainBoard)2GB (2x1GB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GX2 1GB 16X PCI Express (EVGA Powered by NVIDIA)
VIDEO CARD 2: NONE
VIDEO CARD 3: NONE
LCD Monitor: NONE
HARD DRIVE: Single Hard Drive (750GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)
Data Hard Drive: NONE
Optical Drive: (Special Price) LG 20X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (RED COLOR)
Optical Drive 2: NONE
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

Thermaltake Toughpowerâ„¢ Express 650 Watts VGA Power Supply

And I'm from Canada.

You selected a crossfire compatible board but then selected an Nvidia GPU? Take my advice, go with dual 4850's and set them up in crossfire and you'll get more bang for your buck.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102747

If you really want to use Nvidia find a different mobo that supports Sli.

i did that, but i might swap my mobo with someone else that has SLI support, and give him my Crossfire board for his SLI board.
And it doesnt make a difference what the GPU and the chipset is. some people dont usually use crossfire/sli due to their budget, and by the time they have enough money, a new card thats better is usually out, so they throw their old card away and get a new one.

Back
Top Bottom