Fully Optimized
Whats the Average temp for a

CPU
RAM
HDD
Ambient
GPU
Ambient

I have googled my eyes out, the best that I have seen is that 40 - 60 is acceptable CPU, GPU is good from 70 - 90, but that different CPUs and GPUs have ranges of operation. Its been a while since I have dealt with hardware so I am really fuzzy on all this, thanks!

Actually, a CPU can idle around 35-45C, and under load, it can go as high as 65C. If it goes a little over, it's okay, but when it reaches 75C, start to worry, and check your airflow and thermal conductivity.

a GPU can go as high as 100C under load, but even myself, I don't like my GTX260 when it reaches 90C under load.

HDD...meh, they don't overheat. They go average 40-45C.

Ambient depends on how cold your room is.

RAM...I never seen RAM overheat either.

When it matter on the cooling, just make sure you have a good airflow, not dust clogging the heatsink(s) and that there's a good ammount thermal paste (size of a rice) applied. If you put too much, you can choke the CPU and the heat won't transfer too well.
Avoid pink thermal pads, as they will definately choke it...I've seen my P4 do that.

Actually, a CPU can idle around 35-45C, and under load, it can go as high as 65C. If it goes a little over, it's okay, but when it reaches 75C, start to worry, and check your airflow and thermal conductivity.

Unless its one of AMD's Phenom IIs, 62c is Max for them according to AMD.

Nowdays, they probably make them produce less heat, so that's a factor to consider. I gave these results along with what I had seen and learnt.

It really depends on the specific hardware. The new GTX4XX cards go somewhere near 93c, while my GTS250 only gets up to around 58c with the stock cooler. Intel processors are (and this is a generalization that holds true for most of them) only safe under 72c. RAM you don't need to worry about unless you are doing crazy hardcore overclocking, and HDD's are meant to run a little warm.

Unless its one of AMD's Phenom IIs, 62c is Max for them according to AMD.

Sadly it is, I have an AMD Athlon II 620, currently its idling around 40 C and under loads the max I have seen the temp go is 50, but thats like 30 tabs, im going to do a burn in soon, are these good temps?

My GFX card was worrying me a little, its idles around 60 and 80 - 85 under load. I have been trying to increase airflow for this case. I would really like to keep the case I have and just add some fans in. But does anyone know of any good flow cases for under 50, or have any ideas on how I can bring this temps down short of replacing the stock fans on CPU/card. I don't mind adding more fans its just im too worried I will screwup my card by replacing the fan.

Thanks for all the input guys this really helped me, I rep'd up for those who helped me.

------Reviews-----------

I rearranged the fans in my case, now its under load at 21, idling at about 38 and I just bought a better fan off of newegg. I may buy another one soon. Are there any PCI fans that allow you to rotate them on there axis, so that I could pull more air under my GFX card, I feel like the air there is stagnant because there is little airflow and that could lower the GPUs temps as well.

Sadly it is, I have an AMD Athlon II 620, currently its idling around 40 C and under loads the max I have seen the temp go is 50, but thats like 30 tabs, im going to do a burn in soon, are these good temps?

My GFX card was worrying me a little, its idles around 60 and 80 - 85 under load. I have been trying to increase airflow for this case. I would really like to keep the case I have and just add some fans in. But does anyone know of any good flow cases for under 50, or have any ideas on how I can bring this temps down short of replacing the stock fans on CPU/card. I don't mind adding more fans its just im too worried I will screwup my card by replacing the fan.

Thanks for all the input guys this really helped me, I rep'd up for those who helped me.

------Reviews-----------

I rearranged the fans in my case, now its under load at 21, idling at about 38 and I just bought a better fan off of newegg. I may buy another one soon. Are there any PCI fans that allow you to rotate them on there axis, so that I could pull more air under my GFX card, I feel like the air there is stagnant because there is little airflow and that could lower the GPUs temps as well.

Burn ins are sort of a myth. The only thing they might help with is helping the thermal paste set.

As for cases, Rosewill makes some nice budget ones.

And depending on the card, that could be a normal temp.

Back
Top Bottom