Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-19-2006, 02:12 PM   #11
Daemon Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to uid=[0]
Default Re: What are your computing habbits

LOL i didnt think about it like that.. good point.

Wireless Network Security Spec.
uid=[0] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 02:14 PM   #12
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by xguynameddavex
i know but that defeats the point of a habit, if i press f5 then i wont be doing it the same way and i will probobly just end up adding f5 to the habit, and end up right clicking going to refresh then hitting f5, therefor enhancing the actual habit in the first place.

tHaTs the way i like it :-p *refresh
Soon you'll be pressing F5 at the speed of light.

LA061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 02:27 PM   #13
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to badninja3

i cant have misc files on the desktop. only important shortcuts, recyclebin, mycomputer, and folders. everything else stays in the start menu or in the quickstart bar.
i cant have shortcuts, files, etc in the middle of the desktop, they all have to be pushed to the sides.
i always keep the recycle bin clean.
i dont keep files in my documents, i have to keep them in a seperate folder in the root of my hdd <--easier to find in stead of doing c:/documents and settings/chris/my docs, etc

and i dont know if this counts, but i am always clicking my mouse, just in random places.
also, i have an optical mouse, and i tend to tilt it to the side, so the red light shines in everybody elses eyes.

myspace.com/badninja3
badninja3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 02:30 PM   #14
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by badninja3
i cant have misc files on the desktop. only important shortcuts, recyclebin, mycomputer, and folders. everything else stays in the start menu or in the quickstart bar.
i cant have shortcuts, files, etc in the middle of the desktop, they all have to be pushed to the sides.
i always keep the recycle bin clean.
i dont keep files in my documents, i have to keep them in a seperate folder in the root of my hdd <--easier to find in stead of doing c:/documents and settings/chris/my docs, etc

and i dont know if this counts, but i am always clicking my mouse, just in random places.
also, i have an optical mouse, and i tend to tilt it to the side, so the red light shines in everybody elses eyes.
Yeah, I do the mouse thing do. I usually click on a part of the desktop with no icons. It's weird, and I don't really know why I do it, but I still do.
LA061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 02:57 PM   #15
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Nik00117 Send a message via MSN to Nik00117 Send a message via Yahoo to Nik00117

Refreashing the desktop is sorta um pointless?

Also my files are extermely organized. You could look at my file system as a factory. Example I dled a movie or TV show. I will extract it to a file, I will decode it and do what I need to do it and leave it there then I delete the dowloaded file. I got homework from 5 years ago on my computer documents... If you wanted to see what I ddid in history 5 years ago for my semster project you'd have to go though like 10 folders... Its extermely dvided. My business kinda relies on this as well. I need to keep customer information updated, and organized. I can't be going to searh feature on XP to find a customers build sepcs to assit him on a driver or somthing. Or to add somthing to his file.

IF your my customer I keep a record of ALL OF YOUR ACTIVIES WITH ME. Granted right now its not much. But I intend on making each customer its own file at first i'll base it on name. Therefore if Ig ot a repeat customer i'll know his habits before he even comes to me. Its a proven customer when you can whip up a file unpon hearing his name you know what he enjoys to talk about, his intersets that he has told you and everything. Once a great business man told me, remember who you meet if you need to keep a file of them. NEVER DELETE IT. Because one day when you meet them again you'll be able to talk about their kids, or their faimly or ask a question that'll they'll be surprizsed you asked because they'll feel that you know them and be more prone to do business with you. He stated thats how he got his first mutlimillion dollar contract. He saw a old friend he meet him three times in his store he mentioned his daughter was in college, and his son was a computer engineer. He started the convo up as hows your daughter doing in college considering it was about 3 years later. Guy recongized him was amazed that he remembered they got to talking and then the guy said he had a company that needed his services and the company never did any other background research or told the man he needed to wait for an answer the guy told him he wanted to hire him. So thats my reason for keeping a clean file system on customers.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:58 PM   #16
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to badninja3

ya. and in firefox. i middle click, then left click. so that the up and down arrows are still there. its pretty cool.

myspace.com/badninja3
badninja3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 03:01 PM   #17
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Nik00117 Send a message via MSN to Nik00117 Send a message via Yahoo to Nik00117

I also click about a lot... I'll be playing a game or somthing and i'll just start clicking. Or i'll like highlight and unhighlight desktop icons when i'm bored... One time I spent like a hour drawing pictures using desktop icons It was fun. My dad came in and was like what you doing. I was like drawing he went with desktop icons and I went o yea, I felt embrassed cause I was like ok that is kinda odd, drawing a picture with desktop icons. My desktop does get filled up. Normaly from setup files and stuff like that and old games that i'm not interseted in. I go though and clean them up. I also like to reformat every 9 to 12 months.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:18 PM   #18
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to GlasseyeUK

I tend to format every 6 months or so, defrag, very rarely, but always keep avast, adware, search & destroy etc updated.

In fact its time soon to reformat, but want to install Microsoft Media centre this weekend.

I have a very similar filing system to Nik all my work related stuff, university stuff all organised down to the last file, same with music, tv programs etc, all completely organised, and then backed up once a month.

Time tells all, but if the moment in time passes and you miss it, then you will remember it for ever!!
GlasseyeUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 04:54 PM   #19
Fully Optimized

I got a new DVD burner in today I'll be installing it and backing up files... My old one hit the crapper.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:49 PM   #20
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken

I delete EVERYTHING I'm done with, but that is more because I have a tiny HD (want a second one, so I can save everything, like I want to do.) I also defrag daily, and run ad-aware daily to check for an update and run it if there is an update.

Rubber314Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote