What wrongs with my built?

Cauterize

Beta member
I've made a custom computer setup including.

Motherboard : ASUS M4A87TD/USB3 RETAIL

Ram : KINGSTON KHX1600C8D3T1K2/4GX DDR3 4GB (2X2GB) PC12800 1600MHZ HYPERX T1 DUAL CHANNEL KIT

Cpu : AMD ATHLON II X4 645 3.1GHZ QUAD-CORE BOX

Hard Drive : WESTERN DIGITAL WD5000AAKX 500GB CAVIAR BLUE SATA3

Graphic Card : ASUS ENGTX460 DIRECTCU TOP/2DI/1GD5 1GB DDR5 PCI-E RETAIL

Power Supply : LC-POWER LC6550GP2 V2.2 550W SILENT GIANT GREEN POWER

Software : Windows 7 professional

I feel that something wrongs with my computer It can't play full graphics gtv iv on 1366 resolution which is the max that my screen supports.Also it seems that i have problems with games that have many players together like Heroes of new earth ,when a mass pvp occurs the fps drop to 25.Also with other games that mass pvp occurs.Also when my computer opens up and its on windows loading screen i can see white rails when it's about to launch to welcome screen.I can't even play aion full graphics,i mean i can but when 10 ppl are around it justs drops under 30 fps

Is the power supply not enough? Any help appreciated

for your gpu, is it 192 bit ddr5 or the 256 bit ddr5? if the 192 bit version then that could be the problem

From what I know about GTA IV, it's a resource hog. Your current hardware isn't exactly high performance, which is what you need for the results you hope to achieve. Overclocking may help, but if you are looking into replacing components, I would start with the CPU, then GPU. Of course if you replace those two components, you'll probably need a better PSU to properly power them.

If it's a quality PSU, it's probably sufficient, since it's not a power-hungry card, and your gear seems good enough; looks like your gear is quite good, contrary to what the other person said; just because something isn't the latest most expensive thing, doesn't mean it's not high performance. For the resolution you're at, I would've expected (from looking at benchmarks of a lesser version of your card) you to have much better performance than that.

Your card should handle Metro 2033 at 1920x1200 resolution with 16x AF, AAA, and all other settings maxed, at 18.8FPS. (obviously allow for wiggle-room, since the system used to get these results was probably higher-end)

Try updating your GPU and motherboard drivers, if you haven't done so already. The only things I can think of, is faulty gear, or something awry in the OS. The info' is too vague for me to give a better suggestion.

G'luck.

EDIT:

I think the PSU is a German brand, and when I Googled it, I only noticed it on a German site, so I really know nothing about this PSU, which questions the quality, perhaps. I would look into whether it's a decent PSU or not. NEVER go for a really cheap PSU, if you can help it. I recommend Corsair, but they don't come cheap; others tend to recommend OCZ.

Back
Top Bottom