What wrong with this? What should i upgrade?

CrackerJacker1

Daemon Poster
OK i think the specs are at the button of my post, but im a battlefield 2142 player, and Im getting so major video lag problems. Like when i play its always so glitchy and the settings are on medium, i defragged this crap, used every spyware removal program and virus projection i can find, and everything u can think of besides reformating. but I know for a fact I use to be able to run this game better. You figured having a amd 4800x2 and a x1800gto 512mb that it would run fine on highest settings, I dont even got AA running in the game. I have a gig of ram, and im guessing thats the problem, but i really dont feel like spending another 100$ for another gig to get a game running faster. Isnt a gig enough? I have xp running so its not a ram hug like vista, and I end all the processes, down to were i only have about 22 processes running at most!
How does battlefield your on your rig, and what do you have?

to tell you the truth, i think it might be your hard drive. if it is really 20 gigs as it says in your sig, then you have some major clutter in there.

^^ that is possible. You said 2142 used to run better, but what about other games? If you've played other games on that comptuer, how do they run now? Have you tried reinstalling 2142?

Also, have you tried different sound/video drivers? if you have updated recently (before it started lagging) ahve you tried going back to the older drivers?

that could be the probelms^ but are u downloading anything while playing that game and try a empty server just to see how it runs with out players.

yeah excatly thats true, im not downloading anything but when i was on a server with barly any players it runned just fine.. pretty much

Yea, just make sure there are no programs running in the background. You specs are good enough to be running that game. My kid runs it on an A64 3200+ system with a 7900GS and 1GB of ram just fine. What kind of internet connection do you have? A good connection with low ping is ideal for playing smoothly.

I had the exact same problem with a via chipset motherboard with almost the same specs.

What is the make and model number of your Motherboard. Have you recently changed it?

Back
Top Bottom