what is wrong with my computer

azonic4

Beta member
Some really strange things have been happening to my computer lately
My computer has windows xp pro
Firstly
when i switch on my computer it sometimes makes a funny sound like a drilling noise, if that happens
i press the power button and start it up again and its ok.
When i start windows it comes up with a box which is windows write file protection sayin that i
have overwriten vital files. When i turned the computer on today the box kept on flashing and i
couldnt click off it , when i douled clicked on internet exploer it came up 15 times and i had to
press ctrl alt and delete and end them that way.
when it tried to log in with my password on custom pc it wouldnt let me type certin letters and the
other day when i was doing an essay for school the mouse pointer dissapered and then the computer
froze i couldnt do anythng and i had to restart, then the monitor wouldnt display anything so i restared
it agian and in the bios it said updating ESCS or some thing like this. when i play dvds there is a really
bad noise coming from the dvd drive. my windows xp pro also seems really slow compared with my old windows
mellimium i had i on it and my brothers computer with xp home is faster than mine even though it has a 1.7 Ghz
P4 and just 256MB or ram
and i have a 1.8Ghz with 512 MB or ram. what is wrong with my pc?

Drilling sound? Yeah, probably a bad harddrive. It could also be a fan giving out, as your comp seems to be running ok(minus the apparent spyware...)

I have checked my pc for adware and virues and nothing shows up. i use norton internet security 2005 and Ad-Aware SE Personal with all the latest updates. how would i no if it was one of the fans ?. but i think it all comes down to having a dogy copy of xp

i have already formated windows a couple of months ago beacuse it was really slow and i was having the same problems that i am having now. wats ESCD?

The ESCD area is a special part of your BIOS's CMOS memory, where BIOS settings are held. This area of memory is used to hold configuration information for the hardware in your system. At boot time the BIOS checks this area of memory and if no changes have occurred since the last bootup, it knows it doesn't need to configure anything and skips that portion of the boot process.
Sorry if not much help.

Back
Top Bottom