What was wrong with it?

The_Other_One

Daemon Poster
Long time no see, peps :p I finally decided to return. I mod another computer forum, but I felt I could use a little more action, so maybe I can answer some questions here, too :rolleyes: However, I also have a question of my own...

I built a computer a while back(I've built MANY in the past so it was nothing new) It worked fine most of the times, but some 'bad weeks' it's restart in almost any game.

The power supply was a CoolerMaster PurePower 450 with 36A on the 12v rails. I tried two other PSUs with no success...

I replaced the motherboard, same problem(actually worse)

I tried three different video cards, same problem.

I tested the RAM overnight with that RAM test program(ugh, forgot, but you basically boot to it) No problems

I purchased a new HD and got rid of my RAID

I swapped cases!

Basically, I changed out ever freakin' thing possible besides the processor and RAM. So, did I just have horrible luck with the hardware, or possibly a bad processor?

Since, I just parted it out, sold what was good, and purchased a compaq. It's been a good machine and fine for what little gamming I do...but still, it really pisses me off :mad:

That is the most odd thing I have ever heard! You replaced it all and it still did the same thing :p Perhaps it was the Processor... what was the speed?

Compaq aren't too bad.

Nice to see somebody here I still remember though :D

Back
Top Bottom