What would you buy?

jgannon04

Beta member
Hi there ya'll

Admittedly, I'm a computer novice. I have a question that I hope you guys can shed some light on.

I recently started my own business, and I'm now in the process of converting my company's bookkeeping/accounting from hand-written to electronic/computer based. I have already decided I am going to use Quickbooks Pro but I now need to buy a computer for this. I have a laptop that I use for my dad to day tasks but I want to have a stand-alone computer dedicated exclusively to my accounting. So, I won't need it for anything other than using the accounting software and the occasional internet browsing. I don't want anything fancy or powerful. Just something that will get the job done but also be reliable.

So...my question is...What computer should I get? Is there a brand that I should maybe look in to? I was at Best Buy and they told me they recommend Asus and Toshiba. What do you guys think?

ANY AND ALL FEEDBACK IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Jake

Yes Asus is a good brand, shop around for the good deals.

You want to look for these specs:

At least 2.0 GHz CPU, at least 2GB of Random Access Memory

The onboard video chip will be fine for your type of work

As for storage, a Westen Digital (WD) 2TB Hard Drive or two 1.5TB should be fine for all your accounting needs.

I recomend Microsoft Windows XP Professional as it is compatable with old (about 10 years ago) software.

You wont need a fancy screen, even a old CRT screen will work, as long as the Blue D-Sub cable can plug into the back panel.

This might cost you around 300-600 NZD.

Hope this helps, can anyone else add some more info?

P.S Also ask to look at a Entry Level PC, with the specs I gave you.

Back
Top Bottom