What is this worth, and where can I find...

LOLZpersonok

In Runtime
Is this the correct forum for the thread? I'm not sure, but I believe that this is the best fitting forum for this topic.

First part of the thread:

I have a computer which I want to replace with something that is about equal.

This computer that I want to replace, is from around 2007 (5-6 years old) and has some fairly 'inferior' hardware. Just recently, because I overclocked the CPU, it began failing. Just today, it started up to the point where I can no longer run it for more than 1 minute without it crashing. The case is in good condition, but I'm not sure I want to sell it. I'd remove parts from it before doing so.

I'd remove the following:
The 250GB Seagate 7200RPM hard drive
The ATI Radeon HD 4670 with 1GB of Video Memory
Both RAM modules, each 667MHz DDR2 2GB Modules (4GB total)

I'd leave the CPU, which is an overclocked 2.80GHz AMD Athlon Dual Core and the rest of the parts that I didn't mention above (It has on-board graphics which are activated when the graphics card is removed, it is a NVIDIA GeForce 6100 with 256MB of Video Memory)

I'd think I'd sell it for parts for about $25-50 (It does work but crashes very quickly and often) but I need your opinion on it.

The second part to this is:

I want to buy a second hand computer that would be capable of accepting the same hardware that my current computer has. It must be able to accept my DDR2 PC-6400 RAM (I believe that's what it is) and my ATI Radeon HD 4670 Graphics Card. The hard drives must also be SATA.

For what I'd want, it does NOT have to include a hard drive or RAM. But what I want is something that does have a CPU (must be at least 2.3GHz and must be at least a dual-core) and must be able to utilize 4GB of RAM or more.

How much could I expect to pay for something like that and where can I find something like that? For me, the brand of the PC does not matter. But cannot have a bad motherboard or any bad capacitors. I'm not asking you to sell me yours, I just want a price I might have to pay.

Oh, did I forget it must not be a Mac or laptop? (Obviously, lol)

Last edited:
How much are you looking to spend and what do you want to get out of it?

I'd be willing to spend $150 at the most for a complete system (Not including monitor, mouse, keyboard or speakers) and about $80 for an incomplete system.

I don't care about how much I get out of selling this current computer. As long as I get rid of it, but I still want to get at least something out of it.

Back
Top Bottom