What is it worth?

three83

Solid State Member
Hello All!

I'm thinking about selling my wife's computer and would like some feedback on what you all think it is worth. I know some of you may think this systems is old and worthless but to many other people it would make an excellent computer. Here are the specs:
Beige Enermax Case 450Watt Power Supply
AMD Athlon XP 2600+
1GB Kingston HyperX DDR400
ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB
40GB Western Digital Hard Drive 8mb Cache
Gigabyte GA7N400L Motherboard
LiteON DVD ROM
LiteON 16x DVD Burner
WinFast TV Card
Floppy Drive
SoundBlaster Audigy Gamer
19 Inch Samtron Monitor
Altec Lansing ATP3

I would sell it for a few hundred dollars. It's up to you to decide on the actual dollar amount. It looks pretty decent. Maybe you can get away with $500 for it because it comes with a 19" monitor.

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking of putting on ebay with a reserve somewhere between $500 and $600.

Yeah, you can try it that way but if no one is eager to place a bid that high, you can always start out with a penny and watch the bid sky-rocket. It's psycological half the time. People see it for 1 cent and the try to outbid each other until it's almost full price for the item.

Not bad...I'm not particularly fond of the Kingston HyperX, but it was great for it's time.

Your 9600 Pro is pretty good too, that oughta get you some bucks.

I would probably pay $450-ish for everything. It's not bad considering you include a nice 19" monitor and Altec Lansing (not really fond of them, but hey, a beggar can't be choosey :p) speakers.

i doubt that. My guess is 550 tops. The 19" monitor is worth something but not a lot cuz its Samtron...whatever that is. And the xp cpus only cost like 60 bucks nowadays.

HAHA you're so funny. More like 340 american. Forgein investors dont invest in the usd, compared to the CDN dollar.

Back
Top Bottom