Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-11-2011, 02:26 PM   #1
Beta Member
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3
Default What is this wire?

Hello, so a while ago my hp dv9000 died. So I decided to have a little fun with it and attempt to create a stand alone monitor from the LCD display.

But I have hit the first (of I am sure many) snag.

I need to know some information about this part:


It is a wire that leads into the LCDs main input as well as the converter for (i think) the back light.

I need to know what the black port would be called. If it even has a name, it may very well be some custom hp thing.

I am very new to working with the innards of computers so please be understanding of that.

I am hopping that the black port is some thing common to LVDS and that I could easily transform a VGA signal to LVDS and just connect the two (probably overly optimistic).

Thanks for any help you can give.
jonnyb302 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0