What will my computer run games like??

99nasha

Fully Optimized
Look at the specs in my sig. How would it run games like half life 2 and doom 3? Yes I know it needs more ram and a bigger hard drive...But how will run at the moment??

Well I'd expect it to run Doom 3 at Medium settings at about 60fps, and Half life 2 at full quality also at about 60fps. Not bad :p
The RAM probably wouldn't cause that much of a bottle neck and niether would the hard drive

NO NO NO NO NO!!! same system as me!!! except better ram. anyway go to benchmarks and go back a few pages to see my benchmarks if you want. in my sig is my specs and my 3dmark03 currently. i play CSS with about 100+ all the time and doom 3 high settings 800x600 always above 60fps. havent tried higher resolution

yep..I've replied :p

Hmm... forgot about resolution. I Got this from a benchmark site running Half Life 2:

GeForce 6600 GT - Normal = 44.3 High = 43.5 at 1024x768

GeForce 6600 GT - Normal = 43.2 - High = 41.9 at 1280x743

So it is a stable card, and this is the card ran on a AMD Athlon XP 2600+ based machine may I add so you'd expect more!

In Doom 3 at High Quality and at 1024x768, expect it to run at about 50-60fps!!! This is ran from another benchmark site running on a...well it doesn't' say :S Can't be that far off yours anyway :p

Expect more frames per second though on Half life 2 running off an Athlon 64 at 3000+.

Hope this helps

Wow! Youve cheered me up no end! Now I just need to buy the monitor and the game!

lol yes. although i must say DOOM 3 bored me. i still havent beaten it because i'd rather play CSS and HL2 although mainly CSS. gunna try some KOTOR now. NASHA99 add nascar_rox@hotmail.com and i'll give you all the ways i've taken my 3dmark03 score from 7500 to 9343. and CSS fps from around 80 tops to 100+ all the time. still cpu under 40 degrees under load and gpu 45 degrees idle:)

Back
Top Bottom