Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-07-2009, 11:44 AM   #11
Fully Optimized
 
eslfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,604
Send a message via AIM to eslfish Send a message via MSN to eslfish Send a message via Yahoo to eslfish
Default Re: What video card suits me best?

I'm not sure, I keep wanting to think when you say "Computer" you mean laptop. Because it looks like laptop specs. I'd recommend that you get a better CPU and GPU. Look on Newegg for PSU's, something like this would do http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817148008 or find something relative to 500-600 wats, I think your ram is fine, you might wanna upgrade to 4...but that's just me. If I had to recommend a CPU I'd go with this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819115055

I wish I could help you with your GPU. But I'm not the greatest with them...hope I some-what helped...
__________________

__________________
XFIRE: Lindmando STEAM: Lindmando
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
4094MB RAM 500 GB HD ATI Radeon™ HD 5850 8800 GT
Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate
eslfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:32 PM   #12
In Runtime
 
Danny93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 139
Default Re: What video card suits me best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eslfish View Post
I'm not sure, I keep wanting to think when you say "Computer" you mean laptop. Because it looks like laptop specs. I'd recommend that you get a better CPU and GPU. Look on Newegg for PSU's, something like this would do http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817148008 or find something relative to 500-600 wats, I think your ram is fine, you might wanna upgrade to 4...but that's just me. If I had to recommend a CPU I'd go with this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819115055

I wish I could help you with your GPU. But I'm not the greatest with them...hope I some-what helped...
Its not that easy to just upgrade my CPU as the Phenom (Agena) processors use an AM2+ socket and as far as I am aware the Intel core 2 duo and quad processors are 775, correct me if I am wrong. Anyway I do not really feel like buying a new mainboard, I feel my current processor is fine anyway, it has a 5.7 subscore and the benchmarks are promising. I agree with you upgrading the RAM.
__________________

Danny93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:44 PM   #13
Golden Master
 
worshipme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,603
Default Re: What video card suits me best?

In the UK, the HD 4830s are a lot cheaper than the 9800GTs and GTX+s. I agree with Wolvarine, they're probably not worth it over the 4830.
__________________
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 4.0GHz + TU120E lapped - MSI 770-CD45 AM3 - 2x2GB OCZ DDR3 1333MHz - Sapphire HD 4870 - Samsung Spinpoint 500GB 7200RPM 16MB cache HDD - Tagan TG600-BZ Piperock - (Currently open test bed) - Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit.
worshipme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:10 PM   #14
In Runtime
 
Danny93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 139
Default Re: What video card suits me best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by worshipme View Post
In the UK, the HD 4830s are a lot cheaper than the 9800GTs and GTX+s. I agree with Wolvarine, they're probably not worth it over the 4830.
Here in the UK things seem overpriced considering what they cost in the US. Ill be sure to have a look on some websites at the HD4830 and check out benchmarks. Thanks for the recommendation.
Danny93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:16 PM   #15
Fully Optimized
 
eslfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,604
Send a message via AIM to eslfish Send a message via MSN to eslfish Send a message via Yahoo to eslfish
Default Re: What video card suits me best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny93 View Post
Its not that easy to just upgrade my CPU as the Phenom (Agena) processors use an AM2+ socket and as far as I am aware the Intel core 2 duo and quad processors are 775, correct me if I am wrong. Anyway I do not really feel like buying a new mainboard, I feel my current processor is fine anyway, it has a 5.7 subscore and the benchmarks are promising. I agree with you upgrading the RAM.
My bad, I didn't read that you had an Phenom, I've had a really bad PC for years until I finally got the money to buy a new one, your CPU now won't do for those games you mentioned above. Worshipme should be able to hook you up with some good parts. Unlike me, he actually knows what he's talking about
__________________
XFIRE: Lindmando STEAM: Lindmando
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
4094MB RAM 500 GB HD ATI Radeon™ HD 5850 8800 GT
Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate
eslfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:36 PM   #16
In Runtime
 
Danny93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 139
Default Re: What video card suits me best?

I actually hope to get a new computer soon with an i7 CPU, 16GB of RAM and SLI cards

I would have to get it on monthly finance, about £45 per month I think.
__________________

Danny93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0