What are these ports for?

superman22x

Golden Master
Internanl USB ports on pci USB cards, what would internally use these?

The main one, next to all my speaker ports is an optical port, what is that for? Can it plug into different types of speakers?

Optical is to use Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound, Or DTS (Digital Theater Sound).

So if I were to get a regular logitech 5.1 surround sound speaker system for computer, would I be able to use that or no? And if no, how do I use that? Because I want to get a decent 5.1 speaker system soon.

The digital audio uses a Toslink cable to plug into recievers and Hi-Fi stereo systems. Sound is supposed to be clearer, but I doubt you could tell the difference between analog and digital.

kk, well, i dont plan on buying a home theater system anytime soon cause I dont even have a TV in my room, lol. I think I'll buy some kinda 5.1 speaker system, any suggestions for brands? I'd give a price, but I will proly be buing on ebay, so it will be hard, but $50 or less would be good.

The digital audio uses a Toslink cable to plug into recievers and Hi-Fi stereo systems. Sound is supposed to be clearer, but I doubt you could tell the difference between analog and digital.

actually there is a difference in analog and digital, im an audiofile so i notice, but you do get deeper lows, and much clearer highs... its worth it if you can get it.. the sound is amazing :)

i use digital audio in my home theatre setup in the basement. its awesome :) gotta get a bigger tv though....or a projector

Back
Top Bottom