What speeds do you get with your dial-up?

Its not 44 minutes for 1 megabyte, it takes me about 10-15 minutes though.

I cope with it, I don't download much, update frequently for antivirus so they are smaller (like 40ish kb), and when loading webpages stuff gets cached so CF loads like broadband.

EDIT:
Test results:

18.8 kilobits per second
Communications 18.8 kilobits per second
Storage 2.3 kilobytes per second
1MB file download 7.4 minutes
Subjective rating Very slow

SO I guess that goes back to like 2 or 3 kiloBYTES per second.

your results were 18.8 you said, and storage rating of 2.3. My results were 3.2kbs, and a storage rating of 0.4 so something isnt right in mine. And also what do you mean by, "my pages are cached so they load like broadband" is that like the callwave accelerator service we have?

I use http://www.speedtest.net/

Results on my laptops wireless(G)
59246905.png

Noo... when you load pages, they are usually cached on the computer (the images) for faster loading later on. Those accelerators just downgrade the quality of images on a website, and personally I wouldn't pay for 'em.

Try the test again, and get the server closest to you, if you are in the US or Canada, there's loads of them in states & provinces...

It doesn't load every page like broadband, but CF and other forums, since all of the avatars and images for the forum are cached, it just needs to load the text and it is relatively quick. Same with other websites that I frequently visit. Images and flash are the problems.

Back
Top Bottom