what sound card to use?

aidynphoenix

Baseband Member
hey guys im bran spanking new here.. have a little hardware question to throw out there..
i have an asus m2n sli deluxe mobo, with ADI AD1988B onboard sound.
am running a 5000 dualcore. 3gb of ddr2-800
i am currently running games like bioshock and counterstrike..
and am wondering if a soundcard would benifit my performance in gaming and sound quality in general.. particulary this card because i already have it..

i have a Creative Labs SoundBlaster Live! x Gamer CT4760 PCI
specs here (http://www.etech4sale.com/1947/creative-labs-soundblaster-live-gamer.html)

Not a bad choice of card. But most find if they're not doing professional work they don't need a dedicated sound card. What's your current set up, what does your mobo have, what outputs do you use, where does that signal go?

well as of now, i am useing a high quality pre amp and power amplifier and some big speakers vs standard desktop speakers,, so quality is important to me. useing a headphone to rca wire for my connection..
so its just a stereo setup.. right and left speaker.. i dont use 5.1 or 7.1 setup.
i am running a nvidia 9600gt videocard, and playing alot of games.. my only reason for not putting it in yet is due to my fear of having problems with newer games such as farcry2 and other bran new games..
i do however use a mic when playing counterstrike..
and i dont have any use for digital out or line in or anyother of the jacks..

Back
Top Bottom