Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2011, 12:29 PM   #1
In Runtime
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 144
Default What should i do?

These are my system specs:

Case: Rosewill destroyer
Mobo: ASUS M4A88TD-M
RAM: 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series DDR3 1333Mhz
HDD: Samsung spinpoint F3 1TB
PSU: Raidmax 630 Watt modular
CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 3.0GHz tri core processor
CPU cooler: Corsair H50
GPU: Gigabyte ultra durable vga 6850

My set up as it is plays everything i have on max including crysis 2 CIV5 and so on but i would like to upgrade my CPU to a quad and i wanted yalls opinion on what i should get i was looking at getting an OEM since i already have a cooler. On the other hand i know AMD is going to be releasing there new line of processors some time this year. If i choose to upgrade later and get the new processor i will also have to get a new motherboard. I was wondering should i wait or just go ahead and upgrade it?

The OEM i was looking at is this one: Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X4 820 Deneb 2.8GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 4MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Processor HDX820WFK4FGI - Processors - Desktops

The reason i was thinking about this one is because it is better then what i currently have, it is only 90 bucks and i already have the cooling what do you guys think?
its snoodles is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0