what should i do??

shook772

Solid State Member
ok so my mother board has 4 slots for ram, and it can hold up to 16gigs but i dont kno if i should get (4) 2 gig sticks or if i should wait and get (4) 4 gig sticks. i really want the 16 gigs but i deff cant afford that right now.. so what should i do? is there any cheap 4 gig sticks anyone can find? the ones i found where$ 179.98 a piece and thats way to much for my pockets right now..

ok so my mother board has 4 slots for ram, and it can hold up to 16gigs but i dont kno if i should get (4) 2 gig sticks or if i should wait and get (4) 4 gig sticks. i really want the 16 gigs but i deff cant afford that right now.. so what should i do? is there any cheap 4 gig sticks anyone can find? the ones i found where$ 179.98 a piece and thats way to much for my pockets right now..

in no way, shape, or form would you ever need 16GB of RAM...

4GB is almost to much as it is, 6GB is the sweet spot for intel biulds

i have 4GB an even with my PC flooded with programs running i only use about 75% of it...

2GB is plenty for most people, they just don't know it and put like craploads of expensive RAM in for no reason.

I have seen it in POS rigs too. Someone at school said 'my P4 Dell has 9.5GB of RAMs.'

He did that instead of buying a new computer. *facepalm*

OP: 2 or 4, no more than that.

Yes, the speed of the ram is MUCH more important then the amount. Unless you use some sort of extreme editing program, you have no use of that much ram. If you're the standard gamer/average user, even 4gb is a lot. I have 4 at the moment, and I'm no where close to using 2 most of the time. In fact, I don't believe I've ever gone over 2gb, and I do quite a lot at one time.

^ What OS you running?

XP can run everything fine with 2GB. I mean EVERYTHING.

Vista and W7 are a bit iffy.

On Vista, was the only disc within visible site and arms length when my XP install took a dump XD

XP is awesome when it comes to RAM, and just about everything else. Sadly it only has DX9 /cries

Yeah, I'm sitting on 1.16gb used at the moment. I have a good deal of stuff open though. I'm actually on 32bit though, so I only have around 2.5gb at the moment lol

Worked for me on the 64 bit RC.

And that was ages ago.

Huh, I've heard tons of complaints about the 5850's and 5770's having trouble under 7. They said they released a hotpatch for the 58XX series, but not the 57XX's. I guess I'll dual boot, and if it works, then I'll just expand the partition over my vista.

Back
Top Bottom