What seems to be Invisible Data

xlnc

Baseband Member
I recently recovered windows, although my C: data was fully recovered. it appears as though my D: was empty. however when i check how much data is on it, it reads as 60GB... so does this mean i've got 60GB of virtual data!?...
and is it recoverable?...

I had a simular issue with one of my hard drives. I do some DVD burning from time to time, but I only have one drive. The information is taken from the DVD and stored into a temp folder on a 80GB drive I have. I noticed that one day, it said I have 36GB of informaiton on it. Turned out to be all those temp files from the DVDs I was burning. :rolleyes:
Two questions.
1. Is this partition on the same hard drive?
2. Or is it a separate drive?

i've got 2 partitions.. 1. C: [HDD] where all my program data is. when i recovered windows i selected the option where it would keep this. and theres 2. D: [DATA] this is where all my music pictures videos are.
they're 2 different hard drives both of 250GB

hi..
which software u are using for recovering?(to recover the file after u have deleted it from the recycle bin)
you cannot recover completely from any of softwares.
And also it is not necessary that all the recovered files can work correctly.

no no
i wasn't recovering stuff thats been deleted.
i had to reinstall windows due to a problem with windows
and when i started using windows again it left 60GB of used data on my D drive

hi..
if u are re installing windows without formatting(that drive where the os is installed ) then there is no surprise in that.The previous data will be as it is(only the files required for installing OS will be re installed all others remain same ) ..

curioust said:
hi..
if u are re installing windows without formatting(that drive where the os is installed ) then there is no surprise in that.The previous data will be as it is(only the files required for installing OS will be re installed all others remain same ) ..
i understand but its as if its invisible data
when i click on D: properties and check the graph theres 61GB of data that i can't find anywhere on the drive..

hi..
right click d: then go to properties then
hardware->properties->volumes->populate
i think this will help you

Back
Top Bottom