What Ram To Buy?

parsons

Baseband Member
Currently I have 1 stick of ram 512 MB (pc3200) its just not enough.... im going to buy another stick but i haven't decided what to buy either a stick 1Gb or another stick 512 My computer has dual channel support. im just wondering if it would be better than the extra 512 Mb , The Price Difference is not a problem im just interested in what will give me more power...

AMD Athlon 64, 3500+ 2.20Ghz--- 512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM----- MSI ATI Radeon X1300 Pro 256MB PCI-E-----Creative SB Live! 24-bit (SB0410) PCI ------Hd1: Seagate 120 GB, 7200 RPM -----HD2: Seagate 200 GB, 7200 RPM, ----Optical Drive1: HP DVD Writer 530r---- Optical Drive 2: TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552B -----NSpire 450W Pws

Well it can go both way's...since they are both equal to 1gig.i don't think it would matter that much.i personally would just go with the 1gig stick so you can add another 1gig later.

You can also use them together 1gig plus the 512..but it is best if you go with the same brand name for both.

i hear kingston ram is good.

2 words corsair xms
like trd said chuck that crap u have now and get some corsair xms
HTML:
 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145416

Corsair XMS are nice RAMs too. I have to say that because I have them myself :p. But the OCZ recently have some pretty good memory modules at a decent price. Plus, I love their new XTC coolers (their honeycomb heatspreaders). Great for OC'ers.

i also think u should go for the dual channel ram, remember though that they have to be a perfectly matched pair and u cant just buy 1 512 stick then add another one later, i think OCZ has the nicest ram out at the moment but corsair is also good, since u said you're not worried about the price i think u should get 2x1gb because then u can turn the windows page file off and speed your comp up quite a bit

Same RAM also have same timings too which maximizes the efficiency and in turn, provide greater performance. No bottlenecks.

Back
Top Bottom