what quad core to get?

Air

In Runtime
what quad core should i get? it doesn't matter if its amd or intel. the only requirement is that it is under $200. THANKS.

the Q6700 is very nice, AMD sucks!!! just my personal opinion so dont get mad at me people

I am curious as to why you say that. I have two newer builds, one with an Intel Q9650 3Ghz quad core and the other with PII 940 that I mentioned in post #2. I am finding that I like the AMD processor better because it's cooler, requiring less noise from cooling fans to operate at a reasonable temperature, and it costs significantly less. Owning and using both quad cores, I would definitely recommend the AMD over the Intel.

Is surprises me that you would say that AMD sucks without any explanation as to why you have this opinion.

Is surprises me that you would say that AMD sucks without any explanation as to why you have this opinion.

Because it's Techmaster. From what I've seen in previous posts, he's quite fanboyish. :p

Personally, AMD and Intel are both fine with me, but I've been noticing AMDs being on top as of late...just a much better price/performance ratio, IMHO.

im definitely going to go AMD on this one. i can't decide what though: a 940, a 945 95watt, or a 955.

Well it also depends on what else your getting. I mean are you building a whole rig around this new CPU and if so Why only a price restraint on the CPU and not the overall build?

all i need is a cpu, mobo, and ram. i just couldn't decide the cpu. probably gonna spend like $100 on the mobo

Also, have any of you guys unlocked a x2 550 to 4 cores?

Back
Top Bottom